EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When You Get That Downtime....

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by CoolSpot, Mar 14, 2016.

1. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

It's an inevitable fact that occasionally your gonna hit slumps of downtime, weather it's due to a slow time in the season, or you are waiting for 3rd parties to get back to you.

So with that what does everyone do with all their downtime?

For me personally, when I hit the point where I am waiting for 3rd parties to catch up, for me, that's time to get started on the next thing, once enough things are running, it becomes a balance of running everything and downtime becomes minimal.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I try to make sure that I've always got something on the go, so I don't have periods is downtime in the first place, and while that is sometimes hard, I think if your organised you can make it work.

If I've got one project or contract coming to an end, I'll make sure that I'm looking for, and have another one all ready to go for when it does.
  3. fizzybabe18

fizzybabe18 Entrepreneur

I agree with pwarbi, I try very hard not to have downtime in the first place. Living with clinical depression it was definitely hard to get myself up and going at first but now if I'm not working on something I feel like I'm wasting so much time.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I usually just work on other sites or projects. To be honest, there's no downtime for me because I have lots of sites that I'm a member of. If one site isn't lucrative for that day, I'll try the other sites. And it does happen that my favourite site isn't working or doesn't have much opportunities, that's when I go to my second favourite site. Or maybe I'll go and write a blog post. I try to keep myself busy because the more I procrastinate, the more lazy I get. Once I start doing things, I just cannot stop and that's the good thing about me. But yeah, it can be a downfall as well because I often pressure and overwork myself.
    CoolSpot likes this.
  5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I am the same, which is why my downtime is spent getting rid of it, setting up new projects, if I stop then I end up stopping for days and it's so hard to get back into doing it.
    azgold likes this.
  6. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I just use it to focus more on the minor areas of whatever it is I'm running or doing. For example, we have an online and physical store and since our products are somewhat seasonal we do have somewhat of a downtime during certain months and I just use it to focus on inventory and planning my marketing strategies for busier seasons. Once those busy seasons start I hardly have any time or energy left to do all the other tasks so I tend to capitalize on the downtime.
    CoolSpot likes this.
  7. Prinston Hicks

Prinston Hicks Entrepreneur

This is interesting topic! In downtime I usually take time to invest in my own and business improvement (i.e things that can help me improve my strategies and processes). It always seems to me that there is always something that can be done! I think sometimes you can get fixated on that one thing in your awareness and forget that there are other areas on which you can focus.
    CoolSpot likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)