EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When Everything Goes Wrong

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by Goldstandard89, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

When everything goes wrong, I will take a moment away from my desk and laptop and walk. Once I'm physically away, I try to see my problems from another vantage point. Physically moving helps me remove my emotions from the situation because I'm not in the moment of the problem and analyze it logically. The clarity allows me to see what I'm doing wrong without tearing apart my self-esteem. What do you do when everything goes wrong?

2. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

I hook up my guitar and amplifier and begin to play, relax, make some noise, expel all negativity, regain energy. Then I take my dog for a walk and finally I come back and pick up where I left :).
  3. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I first allow myself to fret and wallow and grieve if necessary in order to come to terms with the situation. Then I start the process of separating myself emotionally from the adverse circumstances and let them be. From here, I determine to deal with the situation with vigour and utter resolve and firmly take charge of the driving seat of my life back again. I draw my inspiration from my Christian faith and special -op commandos.
  4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I have learned over many decades to compartmentalize. It took me a couple of years to become efficient at this. Most can accomplish this in a few months.
  5. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

Well in the first place, I don't wait till everything goes wrong. When I sense that things are not going in the right direction, I first of all, pause all I'm doing and I try to figure out what may have gone wrong and then I work on fixing it before it becomes bad. And in most cases, the situation is arrested before it goes bad.
  6. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

This seems to be happening to me a lot recently, haha. Moving to another country is difficult. Fortunately, I've gotten quite proficient at using my moments of sheer depression and despair as fuel for the creative fire. I've learned that when things go sour, it is most likely because I had unrealistic or rigid expectations for the outcome, or that I was forcing something to happen when it was obvious it wasn't. I readjust how I'm working on a project or fulfilling a job by taking a break from it entirely. Yoga, dance, and other forms of exercise help clear my mind of can't. I might read a book, listen to music, or even write or edit my novel. Anything that makes me feel productive can get my outlook back on track.
    Federico.Gimeno and Ladyferoz like this.
  7. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

When I am down and stressed out, the best is to come home. Our dogs are my stress relievers. But going on a trip certainly rejuvenates me and I come back from the short vacation feeling refreshed. On Sunday we have a trip to Bangkok, Thailand, my husband and my 2 nieces and a nephew. It promises to be lots of fun and right now I don't feel the dumps anymore, just thinking of that upcoming trip relieves me of stress.

Having a hobby surely helps that's why I tolerated my husband when he used to go to the horse racing events. For me, some computer games will do.
  8. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I do this as well. I am an expat living in China, and some days, it feels like everything just goes wrong, and it when I have to take time and regroup my emotions. Yoga helped a lot with my first year.
    Valerie likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think sometimes people will hit a point when it feels like everything is starting to go wrong, before it actually does. That's the time to take a break and try and get away for a bit, even if it's just a couple of hours.

That break can give you a different perspective on things, so don't wait till it as gone wrong, learn to recognise whe n it could be doing.
  10. imca2001

imca2001 Entrepreneur

I believe that when you see things going wrong, we tend to imagine that more bad things will add up to that and keep going until some energy will drive the negativity away. All you need to do is take a break, away from the computer, maybe listen to music, watch a movie at home. Some people need more time than that so they will sleep on it. When you come back to the computer in a couple of hours or the next day you will see things differently, your mind will have figured out a solution to the problem or at least different options to explore.

When I come accross a problem that I cannot solve, I will sleep on it, 9 times out of 10, by the next day, I have found a solution or different options to resolve the problem at hand. Staying positive is key. Never give up, everything has a solution.
  11. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Everyday we will encounter different things and situations which sometimes will make us happy, sad, angry, depress and stress in our life. And when everything goes wrong and I had a problem I always try to solve and deal with it alone by myself. I am just always thinking that it will soon disappear and I should not be having that negative feelings which will only give me self pity and discouragement. I usually take either brisk walking or a long walk while I am thinking depending where I will go. Then when I come back home my mind is already at peace knowing already what will I do.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

When this happens there really is not much to do but to push forward. You can break down or feel guilty or silly but at the end of the day the only real recourse you have is to rebuild. I think being calm in these situations can help a lot because like with Anyang else, the ones who panic are the ones who tend to falter.
  13. doodles67

doodles67 Entrepreneur

When things begin to go wrong, I have to step back from the situation to get a better view on the situation. I will take a walk or go home, and try not to think about the problem. Usually, an answer will come to me, but I need time.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think a lot of how you deal with things is based on your mentality also, and if and when things do go wrong, it's easy to get down about everything.

It's important to separate what as gone wrong from the things that haven't.There's no point in getting too down about things, and you have to stay positive no matter how hard that is sometimes.

Featured Businesses (View All)