EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whats your morning routine?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Phere, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Phere

Phere Entrepreneur

I personalyl struggle to get started in the morning, what is your routine and what do you do to get going in the morning?
    setupdisc and Zac Johnson like this.

2. Zac Johnson

Zac Johnson Entrepreneur

I really don't have a set routine in the morning, but here's what usually happens.

Monday, Thurs, Sat = Basketball 7am-9am

Average day I wake up around 9am and work throughout the day til around 6pm.

Day to day operations consist of making my way through my email, writing site content, performing necessary outreach, working on existing products, taking care of any interviews I have setup and also dealing with anything else that might come up through the day.

The important thing here is that I take care of the tasks that matter most and show a ROI based on my time and effort. Working for yourself (and out of home) is tough because there are so many distractions, but as time progresses, most people figure out their own schedule that works for them.
    setupdisc likes this.
  3. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Monday-Friday: I wake up at 7:30 a.m, feed the dog, then go make myself a coffee, get dressed, wake up my daughter and take her to school, then drive to the office. Nothing interesting really, haha.

On weekends, I wake up at 9:00, take breakfast, take the dog for a walk (which is the time of the week I use to think about my projects and generate new ideas), usually the walk session takes 1 hour.
    setupdisc likes this.
  4. Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution

Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution Entrepreneur

For my morning routine:
    • I wake up at 6:00 a.m.
    • Take a shower
    • Take a moment to be thankful for everything I have
    • Write in my daily journal for the morning
    • Reaffirm the things I wrote out that I would do from the previous night
    • Read 3-4 books to get my mind flowing
    • Respond to Facebook, emails, and other social media
    • Do at least 1 of the 3 main tasks for the day
    • And on mornings that I have to go to work at 10:30 a.m. I take a 25-minute walk to work by 10:55 a.m.
    All in all it's pretty refreshing.
    setupdisc, TobiasW and Valsthrivers like this.
  5. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I am getting up to get my children ready in the morning, ironing clothes (probably should iron at night), breakfast, coffee, start the computer..the day has begun. This is all by 7:00 am...throw some cardio and protein in the mix. Mornings for champions can't beat it. I want to start keeping a journal/schedule with all my daily happenings...I pretty much keep it in my head..but I think I need to start documenting things from now on.
    setupdisc and Valsthrivers like this.
  6. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

My morning routine (after no sleep at night since I work during those hours):

1. Sweep the floor and mop it.
    2. Prepare my child's food and feed him as soon as he wakes up.
    3. Go outside for a walk with my son.
    4. Take a bath after the walk.
    5. Eat some snacks.
    6. Sleep.
    7. Eat lunch.

I think walking has made me energised during mornings. Try exercising first thing in the morning and it can sure pump you up. Good luck!
    setupdisc likes this.
  7. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

My morning routine :
    2 Thrive capsules before my feet hit the floor, send out some tweets, share fanpage stories on Facebook and 20-40 minutes later, a lifestyle mix, apply my DFT foam and get showered and ready for my day! Boom!
    setupdisc likes this.
  8. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

I use a daylight alarm which gradually increases the light level in the bedroom over half an hour or so up to the time I want to be fully awake. Without it I used to drag myself miserably out of bed and into the shower at 6am, especially in the winter when it is dark at both ends of the day. Now I wake slowly, my body believes it's already light and life is altogether better. I have an app which does the same on my phone if I'm away from home. I recommend them if you have trouble wakingup.
  9. Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution

Tyler Bell|MYB Revolution Entrepreneur

I always wanted to try one of those daylight alarms.
    setupdisc likes this.
  10. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

The one I use on my phone was free, but of course its efficacy is limited because the only light at its disposal is the light the phone is capable of emitting. The other thing you could try without spending as much money is a timer switch on a table lamp in the bedroom. You can buy them in the UK from many low price shops and for as little as a pouund or two. Set it to come on at a suitable interval before you want to wake and see if that helps.
    setupdisc likes this.
  11. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

My current routine (notice that I saw current) is:
    1. Few yoga poses
    2. 15 minute meditation
    3. 15 minute spiritual reading

After that, the morning rush begins. I need that quiet space in the morning to begin and end my day after all of the chaos that will happen once I turn on the phone or computer.
    setupdisc likes this.
  12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

• Wake up at around 8 a.m.
    • Do basic exercises
    • Eat breakfast, brush teeth, take a shower
    • Do freelance writing work until 5 p.m.
    I just always try to stick to my schedule to keep everything organized. As much as possible, I make sure to accomplish my tasks and be really productive.
    setupdisc likes this.
  13. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

It is kind of funny to think about how we get into our routines and they all seem to have their little funny reasons why we do certain things at certain times, but whatever works to get the job done. I wake up at the same time, turn on the coffee, take a shower, take my pills, eat breakfast, get dressed, go to work. I am willing to bet that a lot of other people's mornings start the same way too.
    setupdisc likes this.
  14. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Usually I wake up at around 3 AM. After drinking a glass of warm water, I make a cup of coffee for myself. Then I boot my laptop and check emails and notifications on social media platform. Then I log into the forum where I am active. After spending couple of hours on forums, I begin to work on my articles. Usually, I work until 8 AM. And then I go for a walk.
    setupdisc likes this.
  15. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I wake up at 7 am. I drink a cup of green tea and write in my journal. After that, I read for about half an hour. Then I get ready and offer my prayers to the deities.
    setupdisc likes this.
  16. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

Our bodies tend to follow a rhythm, even if we think we don't. It all ties back to the habits that we develop, sometimes without thinking about it. Once a habit gets lodged in our neural pathways, our body adapts to it. (we get hungry at a certain time because our body is conditioned to eat at certain time.) Actively finding the habits that work for us is key.
    setupdisc likes this.
  17. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I have a very odd schedule anymore. I used to be early to bed, and early to rise. These days, I have a system to where I am practically awake most of the night and up until noon, and then go to bed just before 3 or 4pm. My logic on this is that most of the business and activity happens during the early morning up to noon, and starts to end near 3 or 4pm for the mainstream.

Sometimes people do business afterhours or recreationally want to meet up and hang out when they get off of work, but at least 3 days out of the week I am on this schedule now to where I wake up around 9 to 10pm, and literally start my day at night when the rest of the world is asleep. This enables me to work on anything that I didn't get to do from 3pm to 9pm, and have the quiet and solitude of the late night and early morning hours to complete projects in peace without any kind of interruption. By the time the morning starts, I'm already in full gear and ready to go. This makes it possible to get a jumpstart on the new day and stay ahead of the rush of traffic and lines in the morning and the afternoon when others start their lunch breaks.

I try to partition at least 3 or 4 days of the week to be like this, and then retain a normal schedule for the remainder. It's worked out extremely well since I started doing this about 2 years ago. It isn't always possible to have a schedule like this, but if you can manage your time well and get plenty of sleep when you need it, you can always face the day better imho.

When I wake up I usually do all the morning routines: vitamins, hydrate (water or tea), 45 minutes to an hour of exercise to get started, a brisk 15 minute walk, check emails and text messages or social media, then get started with the rest of the day.
  18. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I use Habitica and so I tick mark all the morning tasks using it. You know the usually daily stuff, exercise, breakfast, meditation, etc. I think the most important thing though is to revisit my goals and to-do list.
  19. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

Mornings are rough for me. I suffer from Fibromyalgia so I do not sleep well and even when I do I am usually in a lot of pain when I wake up. However, I still have responsibilities and my routine normally goes like this:
    • Wake up at 5am and check my email.
    • Get my daughter up for school at 5:15am and fix her breakfast.
    • Leave the house at 5:50am to drives 5 miles down the road to wait on the school bus to pick her up.
    • Get back home around 6:40am and take my dogs out and feed them.
    • Sit on the computer and do writing and eat a light breakfast until about 8am.
    • Crash on the couch with my dogs until about 10am.
    • Get up and start my daily writing, house cleaning, laundry and cooking for the day.
  20. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

I wake up at 5am. After waking up I then pray. I therefore watch morning news for 30minutes. After news I then go for a warm shower before taking my breakfast. After breakfast I check my email and my social media accounts. I prepare for work for twenty minutes and then pick my bag at 7:30am and then head to work.

Featured Businesses (View All)