EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Will You Do When You Don't Win the Powerball?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by EF-Roger, Jan 13, 2016.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

You're not going to win the $1.5 billion Powerball. All the positive thoughts, burnt incense and barganing with God isn't going to help. The odds are just too stacked against you.

But damned if you don't have your dreams. Just listening to all the media ask you what you would do if you won has been fun. Some of you promise -- swearing to every God since the Venus of Willendorf -- that you'll give most of it to charity and only keep, say, $500 million for yourself. Think of the children, you say. Others are more honest, saying you'll blow it all on drugs, booze and fast company...and then squander the rest.

This is the time of fantasy, a moment to allow our minds to wonder what we would do if we didn't have to worry about money.

That's a good thing. I'm not a fan of lotteries, directing my miserable whine to complaints that lotteries are a tax on the poor and anunacceptable government monopoly. But I'm softening because of what the craziness over the latest $1.5 billion Powerball is doing to all of you.

Read more What Will You Do When You Don't Win the Powerball?

2. DeathXGun

DeathXGun Entrepreneur

For starters, not to be rude, you would actually only receive roughly 400 million after taxes... Crazy right? Anywho, I would, if I didn't when the lottery ;), upgrade my computer equipment, get my mother out of her debt (100 thousand lol), and then save the rest for after graduation and my study in programming, japanese, and art. I may even buy a museum/make my own! If I don't win of course ;P

3. davide strina

davide strina Entrepreneur

how much taxes do you pay in America?? 400 millions out of 1.5 billions?? don't is possible right??
  4. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

I would never want that much money. It's too much. Money really changes people and makes them very greedy and foolish, spending it all up on things they don't need and not really helping people out. Also money doesn't bring happiness.
  5. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Taxes can be a killer, you have to pay 40% of your earnings on taxes.
  6. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I decided not to play the Powerball. The only time I ever play any kind of a lottery is if it's a raffle with only a few dozen to a few hundred people at most. The fewer that play and the smaller the group, the greater your chances of winning something are. When it's like the Powerball where you're up against at least 200 million people, those chances get real slim. It's at that moment you realize you could get something at the grocery store which would serve you better than getting one of those tickets.
  7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

If I didn't win the Powerball it is just okay and like what they are saying better luck next time. Playing this kind of game is like you are just taking and playing chances.
  8. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I am so unlucky that if I put all the possible combinations minus one, I would still not win the big prize.
    What will I do? I'll get back to work, just like anyone else.

I have bigger chances of making those money, rather than winning that sum, honestly.
  9. Roxabox

Roxabox Entrepreneur

Well, I'm at work so there's that.
    setupdisc likes this.
  10. Marketer

Marketer Entrepreneur

It's fun to dream. I have pounded lots of money down rat holes in my life.

I bought 2 tickets. One for me and one for my brother. We won a power ball. No other numbers just a power ball. For that you get $4. That paid me back for the tickets.

So just like any other day you just get up and go to work!
    Just for the humor aspect this should be worth a 'like'.
  11. Audie Kiev

Audie Kiev Entrepreneur

I never put down one cent towards gambling. At least not yet. And, when I do, it certainly won't be towards lottery tickets. I agree with you, the odds are stacked against us. However, if you wish to buy the tickets, feel free. I personally would prefer Blackjack because I know how to play that. Plus, there is an actual chance of victory against the house.

Featured Businesses (View All)