EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What type of wine do you drink?

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by bria1, Feb 8, 2016.

1. bria1

bria1 Entrepreneur

I am a big fan of a good Merlot. What are do your taste buds enjoy in a glass of wine? I prefer the more bitter tasting wine...seems the sweet wines have more sugar and may not be as good for our bodies or our teeth.

2. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I used to be more of a "wine snob" when I was in my 20's, but the older I've gotten the less concerned I am about the price or brand of the wine I drink. This is for a variety of reasons. For one, as I've gotten older, and become a more "seasoned" (higher tolerance) drinker, I can knock back an entire bottle of wine easily, lol. It kills me to be spending $30+ a bottle for some "higher end" wine, which may not even be higher quality at all, if I am going to be drinking a lot of it. This is especially a problem when I am entertaining friends of mine who also can drink several glasses of wine easily - that adds up really quick.

I also used to be all about the deep, fuller bodied red wines - the more intensely flavored the better. But these days, I go for lighter white wines instead - especially if I am eating out as opposed to drinking at home. Some wines are just too strongly flavored and really can overpower a meal imo. I've started to appreciate a simple "table wine" for pairing with some food, and save the nicer stuff for sipping on it's own. Another reason is that my lips get totally stained when I am drinking red wine, and by the end of a meal, it almost looks like I'm wearing lipstick, lol. Not a good look when I am out in public. So I only stick to white wines when I am eating out.

Even when I am cooking at home, and making something such as a red sauce, which typically calls for a red wine, I actually find that I prefer a white wine in it instead. The red wines can make your sauce almost look purple and can some times stick out too much instead of complimenting the tomato and other flavors. Whereas a white wine blends in , in a more subtle way. This is especially true if I am finishing a sauce with some butter, the white wine goes better with it imo.
  3. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

Red wine is the only kind of wine that I like to drink and the one that appeal to my taste. And it is during some special occasions only like when there is a birthday celebration, during Christmas and New Year's day and Thanksgiving Day that I drink a little red wine.
  4. Bonyi

Bonyi Entrepreneur

Chamdor is my favorite. Good taste and available anytime I want it. There are some wine that are not always in stock. But not this one.
  5. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I am not a wine connoisseur, and I drink only occassionally.I like to try red wine and sweat wine.
  6. jikajika

jikajika Entrepreneur

Once upon a time I was STRICTLY a Reisling or Moscato girl. Then one day my taste buds needed more, so now I'm DEEP into the red family, Cabernets being my favorite for the bolder taste.
    Though, I pick my bottles of wine based on the label design and it's name. Because of this process, I have found brilliant bottles for under $10 called "Smoking Loon" and "Mad Housewife". If you ever see Mad Housewife, read the label of the bottle. It's hilarious!
  7. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

I prefer sweeter red wines, but don't drink very much. I used to be a party kid until I up and left all that behind, so I stay away from alcohol in general to keep myself on track :)
  8. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I'm the weirdo that enjoys dry white wine with a punch. Pinot Grigio or Riesling does it for me.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

If I'm being honest, the only time I'll drink wine, is if we're in a restaurant and even then it depends on who I'm with.

If it's a personal dinner with my wife we might share a bottle but it's got to be white, sparkling and sweet for me. I know what your all thinking and you're right, the cheapest on the menu!
  10. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

I prefer red and not too sweet. I am really excited about the new more natural wines coming on the market. They are naturally fermented and no preservatives are used. (Another up and coming business idea, especially if you already have a winery!) I do not drink a lot of wine due to the pesticides and sulfites and stuff in wine. I hope I can try some of the new natural wines soon!
  11. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

I love drinking red wine and orange flavored Sangria. I don't know why I never like white wine and still prefer to drink red wine even when I'm having seafood as dinner.
  12. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I like red wine blends, mainly because I used to despise the taste of wine and it was the only way to like it, everything changed when I enjoyed a good meal with a complementary glass of wine, it tasted amazing and I started being more open to trying new wines. I am slowly transitioning myself to Cabernet and other red wines. I planned a vineyard and tasting tour for me and my boyfriend during the Summer vacation and hopefully I will end up with something I love.
    pwarbi likes this.
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

That's a bit like me in that I couldn't sit there and just have a glass (or bottle) of wine on its own. I have to have it with a meal as that does bring out the different flavours.

Usually when I say that I get looked at either one of two ways, like a wine critic or a weirdo, haha!
  14. loverman99

loverman99 Entrepreneur

Wine is not my favorite drink. However, when it comes to drinking wine, I usually pick up the red one. The red Italian one. Tastes amazing to me. I usually like it cool and of middle strength. Does anyone of you enjoy this too? I hope so :)
  15. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

If I can't have white wine, then rose is as far as I'd go, definitely not red for me. I think I tried it once and I only had a couple of glasses but woke up with a banging headache. I felt like I'd drank a full bottle of Jack Daniels I was that rough!

Red wine, medium strength and Italian or not, definitely doesn't agree with me!
  16. lonelyfaith

lonelyfaith Entrepreneur

My friend makes his own wine so when I have wine I usually drink some of his. My favorite one that he makes is strawberry banana kiwi. It's awesome. He does make it a little strong though so you don't even have to drink much and you are feeling a buzz. lol I also like his blueberry wine.
  17. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Entrepreneur

Don't know much about wines cause I usually fancy scotch or rum. Wine, I've just tasted red wine of god know what brand. Didn't like it much though. Not really an elegant drinker...:p
  18. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I am not a wine aficionado in any way. I have a practice of paying attention to reviews, ratings, and recommendations. I am good at pairing flavors, but I am not a connoisseur of wines. I love bright, crisp, and dry white wines. For reds, I prefer very dry and full bodied.
  19. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Ditto! Add a great oak-y smell and taste and mmmmm!

I only drink red. White gives me heartburn.
  20. StrongChick888

StrongChick888 Entrepreneur

I'm not a wine connoisseur so I prefer sweeter wines. I guess that's why I prefer Riunite brand. It's cheap and their wines are sweet.

Featured Businesses (View All)