EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is the hardest part of starting a business?

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Goldstandard89, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

For me, the hardest part of starting a business is getting traffic for my niche site or product. Build up the clientele is always the hardest part for me. What is the hardest part for you?

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I agree with you, building up your clientele is the hardest. That's why there should be a thorough market research before starting up with the business. Lacking information in this area will just lead you to a quicksand. I have 2 colleagues who put up a partnership for a fastfood outlet. Before 1 year in existence, the outlet closed shop due to lack of customers. Now it appeared that they just went with the tide of opening up a business in that area where people are passing by. And so it happened that the people were really passing by... but not buying.
  3. fizzybabe18

fizzybabe18 Entrepreneur

Yes, I agree as well. I started my first business with a built in clientele base and didn't realize until starting my second business how difficult it is to get people interested. Marketing and market research is extremely important to the viability of your business.
  4. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

The hardest part of starting a business on my part is consistency. No sooner have I started a venture than another idea crops up. I am a false starter. I have initiated many ventures in the past only to abandon them midway and later witness others excelling in these areas. I have come to realize that perseverance and persistence pays.
    CoolSpot likes this.
  5. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

For an online business, the hardest part is getting traffic. Without traffic to your website, you cannot sell your services or products. For offline business the hardest part is getting loyal customers. Without customers, you cannot make money.
  6. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

For me it's the back end of any business that peeves me the most as I find it to be the most boring. If it's a site then I dislike all the work that goes on in the background such as getting the initial traffic, as you have mentioned, and in a physical business it's all the paperwork you'd have to deal with in the background. Most of the work on the surface is what I find fun, such as designing and operations when it's already actually up and running, which I guess is true for most people.
  7. jona

jona Entrepreneur

The hardest part is realizing that now you are in charge of a business, and that's different than just being an employee or even a manager. When we are employees we tend to believe that the whole business is the technical work that we do and nothing is further from the truth if anything, that's the easiest part! The hard part is all about financing that activity, accounting, paperwork, securing deals, laws and regulations, finding investors, being responsible for each and every problem, from paying the internet service at your office to making sure that you will at least make payroll this month.
  8. loverman99

loverman99 Entrepreneur

I guess, it's all about the financial part. The initial investment is very important. Good initial investment, I mean. Also, all the time you have to be sure and believe that your plan will eventually work out. This is not easy, especially If you start your business just on your own and don't have much experience, positive or negative. Btw, the latter makes us grow to some extent. We should realize it.
  9. Dilof

Dilof Entrepreneur

I'd say that staying committed and determined may be one of the hardest parts. When the times get tough and you aren't sure whether you've made the right choice; that's when your willpower will show through. Starting up is obviously quite hard as well.

Featured Businesses (View All)