EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you look for in an employee?

Discussion in 'Employment and Human Resources' started by Federico.Gimeno, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

What would be important for you when hiring someone for your business or project?

2. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

If I will be hiring someone for my business I will choose someone who had the determination and the confidence within himself/herself that he/she possess the qualities what the job requirements are looking for. Next is someone who had the experience and good recommendation from his/her previous work having the same kind of job description. And lastly someone whom I can trust and who had that honesty and integrity as a person.
  3. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

Aside from previous experience and good recommendation, he has to be a people person and knows how to handle stress. I think this is very important when you're working in the hospitality industry or any business that focuses on customer service. I also want my employee to be open-minded, adaptable and are willing try new things. I don't care much about his lack of experience as I'm willing to train people but he has to have listening skills and willing to be trained.
  4. ProxyRadar

ProxyRadar Entrepreneur

Most on the professionalism and responsibility
  5. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

I am not a fan of the traditional interview. That's why, I like to "test drive" and let the other person test drive as well. Simply put, nothing is certain for a month, after which, either they stay or they go.
  6. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

The biggest thing I look for is a genuine interest in the job, no matter what the position is. I understand that most people are in it just for the pay, and I don't expect every applicant to be enthusiastic about being an employee because I have been in that position myself and it's not really something to be all that excited about, but I do look for a genuine sense of interest at least. Sometimes I try and give them time to get into the groove too because I know it's hard to show interest until you have experience with the job already for a while and see exactly what it's all about.
  7. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

It really depends. I tend to be a slacker a lot of the time, therefore it's easy for me to spot people with the same attitude. So... want my employees to not be those type of workers who do the minimum quantity of work possible so they wouldn't get fired.
  8. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

You must look for someone with relevant skills so that your projects may be successful. Look for someone who has the will to work, don't force your friends into positions that they are unable to work properly. Look for someone with no criminal records.
  9. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Here's what I look for in potential employees:

1. Positive Attitude. Someone who won't bring the whole office down with cynicism and skepticism.

2. Responsible. Someone who knows what to do and when to do it.

3. Willingness to Learn. That person must know when to ask and willingly learn anything he does not know.

4. Team Player. That person has to be part of the team and makes the team work better.
  10. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I had been doing interviews for applicants to positions in my department and the 2 important issues for me is knowledge of the job and attitude towards the job. That first one is pretty easy because I can easily get a good grasp of the knowledge in 2 or 3 questions. But the second one is difficult to know. I have many experiences where interviews have been 90% in rating but the actual performance is a failure particularly in terms of interaction with other employees. Maybe that's another aspect to look for - a team player and not an individual worker.

Featured Businesses (View All)