EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Whаt bооks shоuld еntrерrеnеurs rеаd?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Jack Benoit, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

I lоvе rеаding businеss bооks thеrе аrе sо mаny tо list. My fаvоuritеs inсludе:

18 minutеs - thе bеst рrоduсtivity bооk I hаvе rеаd. Itgаvе mе sоmе grеаttiрstо еnsurе myоutрutisаshighаsроssiblе.

Thе LеаnStаrt-uр(myаlltimе fаvоuritе). Dеfinеsthе minimumviаblе рrоduсttrоwingsо mаnythingsyоuhаvе lеаrntоutthе windоwsо yоuсаnасtuаllygеtstаrtеdаndtеstyоurbusinеssmоdеl.

4 hоur wоrk wееk. Hеlрs yоu еsсаре thе 9-5 еxрlаining thе bеnеfits оf оutsоurсing аllоwing yоu tо livе а lifеstylе yоu lоvе.

Сrush It. Is а grеаt bооk аbоut brеаking frее frоm thе mоuld аnd wоrking оn sоmеthing yоu аrе раssiоnаtе аbоut.

I just wrоtе а роst оn thе bеst bооks tо rеаd оvеr thе hоlidаys fоr yоur businеss. I hаvе listеd а соuрlе оf bооks in а numbеr оf саtеgоriеs inсluding рrоduсtivity аnd mоtivаtiоn, blоgging, еbооks, sосiаl mеdiа, gеtting stаrtеd. Thеrе shоuld bе а littlе sоmеthing fоr еvеryоnе

2. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

For anyone starting out I would recommend Kiyosaki's books. The way the text is laid out in those books makes terminologies and ideas very understandable for the common person. Putting the lessons shared there is a whole new challenge of course, but it's a good enough source of basic information and information and overall it's also just an entertaining read as well.
  3. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

Its quite good to read books on entrepreneurship to get an insight into the underlying principles. The best books to read are not the personality based types written by industry moguls since one person's model of success will not necessarily work in another person's life. The best books contain simplified and applicable knowledge by entreprise experts and researchers in their areas of expertise or specialization
    Ladyferoz likes this.
  4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I have a few recommendations. I think some of the best books for entrepreneurs are motivational books. When you start a business, there will be challenges that is why it is best to build up the motivation to go on. And find new perspectives on life.

Great Motivation Secrets of Great Leaders by John Baldoni
    A must read for anyone who wants to energize the people around them for example, your employees. This book highlights some very inspirational and relevant stories.
    Fish: A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen C. Lundin
    Quick read, it helps you to find yourself and how to motivate yourself.
    If Life Is a Game, These Are the Rules by Cherie Carter-Scott
    A great book to change your perspective on your life.
  5. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I get bought a lot of books on business, and to be honest, I wouldn't say there is any books an entrepreneur "should" read. I personally find reading stories about other peoples success will soon become the cause for the lack of yours (to much time reading not enough time doing situation).

If you want to read a book to further your entrepreneurship and bring you closer to your goals, I would recommend Idiots guide to <insert relevant subject that requires better knowledge than what you have>. For me, reading books is to solve a problem, learn a new skill.

Don't read the book, write it.
  6. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend - ha-ha, but seriously! One problem I have is being too accommodating to customers. I really have to watch myself! It is so true - you give them an inch, they take a mile! I agree to do one rush order, then every order becomes a rush order, then they don't pick it up until days later (or never).

@CoolSpot I love it "Don't read the book, write it." My new motto!
    CoolSpot likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)