EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Weird Costa Rica cloud formation: Mystery explained.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by EF-Roger, Sep 20, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

That does look very odd. But it would be even creepier if it was actually moving. And I'm sure it looked more intense in person than on camera.
  3. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

I've seen this type of weather phenomena before, and I'm rather surprised that so many people were freaked out about it. It's simply caused by moisture in the sky crystallizing and acting like a prism with the sunlight. We're used to seeing rainbows (and double and triple rainbows! lol), so it's peculiar this would cause people to think it was the end of the world or something.

For something really cool you may wish to check out the light/weather phenomenon known as "Glory" or it's offspring "Brocken Spectre", which may actually be a logical explanation for a lot of the accounts people have of seeing "god" or "angels" in the sky.

(Sorry, I had a link here, but I cannot insert them yet. It's on Wikipedia as "Brocken Spectre")

I would love to travel to a location where this occurs regularly to experience it first hand and get some photographs of it. But since I'm by no means mountain climbing material, I doubt that will ever happen.

Featured Businesses (View All)