EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Website Design

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by doodles67, Mar 30, 2016.

1. doodles67

doodles67 Entrepreneur

I currently am marketing my products through Etsy, but I have been thinking about starting my own website because it will give me more web design control and will lessen overhead. Should I move my store to my own website? I can do it gradually and let existing customers know of the change. I can keep Etsy and start my website. Will this become a marketing nightmare and become too confusing to customers? What is your advice?

Should I use a website template for my shop or have a professional design my store? I have intermediate HTML skills, but I want to make sure that my website is safe for my customers.
    T J Tutor likes this.

2. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

Get a pro to design it if you value your time. You will never be able to compete with the prices of a freelancer that has been doing design for 7 years, it's just not reasonable. They gotta eat and you need a site, it works out great. Saves you the headache and lets you focus on what you do for money as opposed to pulling out your hair over some weird css problem
  3. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Some companies offer you the whole package: your website, domain name, templates to choose from and customize, and an online web store for all your e-commerce needs, Squarespace is one but I am sure that you will have a lot of these solutions to choose from, that's what I would do if I were you, not so much because of the web design aspect but for the easy of setting up and customizing the web store which is basically the heart of your business.

I am sure that some companies out there are even more specialized in websites that sell stuff and storefront so they could offer you other services like professional photography of he goods that you are selling

Of course, you can always customize the templates but if you want to be absolutely unique then you actually need to go ahead and hire a designer, but that's not going to be cheap.
  4. scaleclack

scaleclack Entrepreneur

I use In-Motion Hosting for my website, domain name and they have WordPress hosting as well so you can just choose a template and customize it. They also have BoldGrid now and they say it's easier to use and better though I have yet to use it.
    What platform are you planning to use?
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Does Etsy allow you to have links to an external website?

This is the a good option. I don't see it as a nightmare. I see it as a natural progression. How do you develop traffic? Is it all organic, or do you use paid traffic also?

If you have the budget, then I highly recommend a professionally developed site. Try the Landing Page Guys for a quote.

Featured Businesses (View All)