EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ways To Save Money In Your Business

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Car Nerds, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Car Nerds

Car Nerds Entrepreneur

Hey guys,

I thought this would be a good spot to share tips and tricks you know about to save money on business costs.

I'll go first.

Instead of paying for a regular phone line, purchase a Skype number for $8 a month. I've been doing this for a while and it works perfectly for us. Estimated to be save $20-40/month this way.
    dyanmarie25 and Rusnal2 like this.

2. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

Your tip is pretty general, but is pretty good. But does Skype provide a bill?

Here are my pieces o advice:
    1) Try to find ways to automate the boring tasks, especially if they are repetitive. It saves you lots of time, but it also saves you from paying employees for doing that task;
    2) Keep your staff happy and train themselves properly. You may have to spend something with them, but on the long run, it will save you a lot of money, mainly because if they go to another company, the new ones will have to be trained and won't be too efficient.
    3) Whatever office supplies you may buy, buy them in bulk. You'll save tons of money.
    Michelle and pwarbi like this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Number 2 is definitely important @111kg asI think a lot of employers get too caught up in the business side of things and tend to take their employees for granted.

I'd also say, as a business owner, try and stay as hands on in the business as you can and try not to delegate the responsibilities to others all the time. Not only will you have to employ one less person, your staff will also appreciate the fact that your one of them.
    Michelle likes this.
  4. Knight Rider

Knight Rider Entrepreneur

Alright for me in my office all the stuffs are using open source software. This save me a lots of money.
  5. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

Eliminate waste, do not print documents, do not leave equipment on unless strictly necessary (to save money on energy bills), keep things organized (this will save you time, which you can later spend in making money).
  6. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

Telecommunication cost is one of the spending that we need to cut so that we can save money from our business. Cutting expenses reduces the business running cost which also means income. Instead to telephone, we must use VOIP services.

Featured Businesses (View All)