EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Univeristies can encourage entrepeneurs

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Pop, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

2. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

My university offers a minor program focused solely on entrepreneurship/enterprise development, in addition to your main degree. I took this program, and I could say that it really helped me develop that entrepreneurial mindset. For two years, we (we were five in the group) had to develop a business idea from scratch, create ads, websites and marketing materials and actually sell our product and reach a certain profit goal in order to pass all our entrepreneurship subjects. We were also given our own office inside the University wherein which we were allowed to conduct meetings, receive calls and entertain clients. It was a really fun learning experience, and I think more universities should offer the same kind of program to their students.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

I also believe that Universities should start including programs about entrepreneurship in their curriculum. Students shouldn't be limited to traditional employment only; some students would be better off managing their own business only if they get exposed to it. If ever they become successful later on in life, the economy would totally benefit from it.

Featured Businesses (View All)