EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Twitter or Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by dyanmarie25, Sep 18, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Twitter and Facebook are the most popular social media sites out there. And we all know that billions of people around the world utilize these platforms. If you have to pick only one of these two, which social media site do you think is much better?

2. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Entrepreneur

For me, it's Facebook. It has more functionality to it, and also, no 150 minimum :p
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Facebook, I really do not like Twitter other than for business. I love Facebook for business & pleasure.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Entrepreneur

Facebook...all my family is on there and I can't stand Twitter that much.
    William Clements likes this.
  5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

Facebook for sure! It's more organized, it looks better, there aren't too many things going on, etc. I just think it's simpler.
  6. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I use both Facebook and Twitter but if I had to choose only one, I would opt for Facebook. Most of my friends and family are on Facebook and it's a better way to connect than Twitter.
  7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

I had only one social media account and that is Facebook. I am already comfortable using this site as a means of communicating with family and love ones, relatives and friends who are near and far to me. And I had no intention of having a Twitter account. One is just enough for me.
  8. mooray

mooray Entrepreneur

Facebook is really good for marketing your business and that is what will keep it going for a long long time. Twitter is good too but not that much for marketing unless you are trending.
  9. MeshBean

MeshBean Business Owner Entrepreneur

Facebook because it is one of the good platform for advertising & marketing.
  10. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

Facebook is great for interaction, but I've increased website hits like crazy since I've added Twitter and Instagram. Don't make me pick!
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I also have accounts on both sites but I prefer to use Facebook to be honest. While I do check Twitter out on a daily basis, I very rarely update my own status on there like I do with Facebook.

The character limit had always seemed a bit ridiculous to me also, and I think if they're going to limit it at all, then it should be longer.
  12. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Entrepreneur

Facebook is much more better according to me. Getting friend requests is better than getting followers plus it is more interactive in Facebook.
    I like it.
    pwarbi likes this.
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Your right about that, Facebook does seem more engaging to the user than what Twitter is. I myself have often said that with Twitter, when you post something it's sometimes as if your talking to yourself and there doesn't appear to be much interaction with other users.

With Facebook, you out something on and getting other people's likes and comments makes a big difference. Both are just a form of attention seeking I guess, and that's why I think Facebook works a lot better...you get more attention and that's what it's all about.
  14. yepitsclaudia

yepitsclaudia Entrepreneur

It's quite a hard question. Since I use these two for different purposes.
    If I want to share happy moments with friends or family, or if I want to get in touch with family from overseas, there's facebook.

But if I have to express something not-so important, like the lyrics of the song I like or my "feels"/ reaction on a certain movie or if I simply want to say something extremely random, there's twitter.

So the answer will depend on my mood really. It's quite a difficult thing to answer. :oops::D
  15. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I don't like either of them yet I use them both for marketing purposes. Twitter gets my info out there when I need it to be seen. Meanwhile, Facebook reliably offers up information to my closest network, i.e. family and friends...and their circles as well. Facebook also connects me to acquaintances, which Twitter doesn't do too well. And as someone else said, there's no 150 limit on FB, so I can post lengthy statuses if need be.
  16. lonelyfaith

lonelyfaith Entrepreneur

I was using facebook more but lately I've been liking twitter a lot more so I haven't been using facebook that much. I still have both though. I guess they both have their advantages.
  17. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Like most of the posts here, I also prefer Facebook. I actually have no Twitter account although from what I remember I have created one but did not use it. Anyway, Facebook is what I use to connect to my circle particularly to those who are abroad or in the provinces. Although I don't post regularly, I try to check my account every day to see the posts of my friends. Facebook keeps me updated to the affairs of my circle and vice versa.
  18. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Facebook all the way! At first, I didn't really liked social media and even Facebook. But then I started realising just how much I am missing out because of it. Lol. Sometimes, my friends would be talking about something and I wouldn't even know what is it about. So then I started on Facebook and created my account. From there on, I was able to connect with friends and even more than that, promote my blog and e-commerce account on Instagram.

So social media is more than just that, it has become an all-in-one place. I could say the same for Twitter although I don't use it much. Not because it isn't helpful but because I don't have much followers in it. But still, we cannot avoid the fact that these social media sites are becoming very useful not just for interactions but also for marketing our products.
  19. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Entrepreneur

I personally prefer using Facebook because it has everything I consider necessary for my own needs, chat, pictures, videos, everything I actually need is on Facebook, I dont really like Twitter because I dont like the fact of getting followers and stuff like that, it is kinda competitive and all that kind of stuff, in conclusion I definitely prefer using FAcebook than Twitter itself, that is my opinion though.
  20. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

In my оpiniоn Fасеbооk is prоbаbly mоrе usеr friеndly thаn Twittеr. Аdditiоnаlly its mоrе сlеаr whаt yоu саn dо оn Fасеbооk in rеgаrd tо pоsting phоtоs, vidеоs, аnd finding yоur friеnds еtс. Yоu саn dо аll thаt аnd mоrе оn Twittеr but yоu hаvе tо bе а bit mоrе high lеvеl аnd I think thе gеnеrаl Sосiаl Mеdiа usеr is nоt gоing tо bе fаmiliаr with АPI's оr tips аnd triсks likе thаt. Аlsо bесаusе it's mоrе usеr friеndly Fасеbооk likеly аppеаls tо а widеr dеmоgrаphiс in rеgаrd tо аgе grоups. Fоr еxаmplе, I wоuld guеss thаt аgе rаngе оf thе аvеrаgе usеr оn Twittеr is а muсh nаrrоwеr соlumn thаn thаt оf Fасеbооk, sо thеy just gеt mоrе numbеrs I think. I hаvе оftеn wоndеrеd thе sаmе thing thоugh.

Featured Businesses (View All)