EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toyota will reveal a vision for the future of cars later this month

Discussion in 'Cars and Vehicles' started by EF-Roger, Oct 13, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Toyota will debut a new futuristic concept car powered by hydrogen fuel cell later this month at the Tokyo Motor Show.

The concept car, dubbed the FCV Plus, is Toyota’s vision of the ideal eco-friendly city vehicle, a vision of the future through the scope of a car that almost certainly won't be produced for consumers.

That said, Toyota's been developing fuel cell technology for more than 20 years, and will begin rolling out its hydrogen fuel cell-powered car, the Mirai, to some customers in California this month. By 2017, the company aims to have as many as 3,000 Mirais on the road in the US.

Read more Toyota will reveal a vision for the future of cars later this month

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While I know I'm probably in the minority here, and I understand that the electric car is more than likely going to be the way forward now, shy so they have to make them so odd looking?

I get that they're a revolutionary new vehicle but do they have to make them look so futuristic? I'd imagine they'd sell a lot more I'd they just designed then to look like, well, normal cars that everyday people will drive.
  3. EntrepreneurialSpirit

EntrepreneurialSpirit Entrepreneur

I agree totally. They look ridiculous. But, I guess someone has to start with the new trend. It'll pick up at some point in time. Very good goals by Toyota and admirable. I wonder how much they will be?
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

A new trend us all well and good, but people are having to get used to other ways of powering their vehicles, and that's enough change for now.

I think more people would be inclined to use electric motors if a company could turn around and say instead of buying a new vehicle that looks like the one in the OP, they could develop a way of removing your petrol or diesel engine in your current car, and just replace it with batteries.

That way you could have the best of both worlds. Switch to an electric car, but also keep the vehicle you love and are used to.
  5. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

Whoa I don't know about all that. It looks way too futuristic. That's quite a leap to take for them. Plus I don't really trust Toyota brand since all their horribly dangerous recalls that happened a couple of years ago.

Featured Businesses (View All)