EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top 3 Social Media Marketing Strategies

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by Jordan Weston, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Jordan Weston

Jordan Weston Entrepreneur

Set Your Goal First
    If you have no execution strategy, your content is likely going to fall through the cracks. Set a limit on how many tweets you have to publish per day. This number can be adjusted as needed, but having a number you have to hit, even something as small as four tweets per day, gives you a benchmark and a goal at the very least.

Emphasize on each channel
    Each social channel needs to be treated as a separate entity. There can be content that is spread across all channels – for example if your business was recently acquired by a global company, this is likely news you want to share across the board, but you should adjust your strategy depending on the audience for that channel.
    DO NOT IGNORE any comment posted to your account on social, whether stellar or critical. No need to create brand detractors!

Track Your Strategy

Tracking is often perceived as tedious and time-consuming. It can be, but it only needs to take a few hours each month. Set aside time to review metrics that are important to your business on a monthly basis (preferably the first day of the month).
    dyanmarie25 likes this.

2. K.D.

K.D. Entrepreneur

Good suggestions. I would add a fourth although it may be the most important.

Know Your Audience and Their Hangouts

It's important to know who are trying to reach on social media and where they are located. If you are a photographer, Instagram may be the best platform for you. But if you are a writer, it may not help you because it is difficult to link to specific articles on the platform. Using Facebook may not be beneficial to educators, but Pinterest may work better. Understand what each platform has to offer, if your prime audience is active there, and if the platform is conducive to your business model/needs. If they are not, don't use them. It's a waste of time!
    dyanmarie25 likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Great tips! Thanks for sharing. :)

Well, I also believe that consistency is an important key in gaining success with social media marketing. Never be too complacent. From start to finish, you should be consistent in everything you do.
  4. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I've found out that tracking the strategy can be quite difficult, especially if you promote your content on places like Reddit or Facebook. Why? Because the number of people on these platforms is never the same, depending on the weather outside, whether it's holiday or finals time or not and so on.

It's said that the best way to get more traffic from Reddit is to submit your content Sunday evening. Do that for 10 consecutive weeks and you'll never get the same results. Trust me, I've already tested.
  5. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

I agree. Some social platforms do not work well for certain businesses.

I remember doing a test campaign on Instagram for a video series I created. The campaign did not gain any traction because it really wasn't the type of information people would be looking/searching for on Instagram. The campaign did much better being promoted on YouTube, Google+, and forums where people were actually looking for products like the one I had.
    K.D. likes this.
  6. heathernlilla

heathernlilla Entrepreneur

These are really good tips. I appreciate them, being new and everything. I've been focusing on my Facebook Business page. I schedule posts the night before. My problem is that I can't get people to engage. I read somewhere to post quotes, image quote, product image, product in use image and questions. I also toss in a few related DIY articles. Right now, it really seems hit or miss on what gets views. Part of my problem this week is that I haven't been consistent. I'm going to nip that in the bud right now. I know I have to keep going. At some point, my consistency will pay off

Featured Businesses (View All)