EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TIP: Best way to get work done!

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by K, Aug 7, 2015.

1. K

K Administrator Business Owner Entrepreneur

SO yesterday myself and one of my business partners booked ourselves into a hotel about an hour away and locked ourselves in. We spent 24 hours without phones, emails, girlfriends and wives, dogs, office distractions etc and completely wrote an entire business plan!

Who else works like this? I'm planning to do one night away a month!

Thomas Hale and dwhs like this.

2. dwhs

dwhs Business Owner Entrepreneur

I just watched a video about this. It's about how your best ideas tend to come when you are not thinking of anything related. Kind of a shock though. It reminds of Eric Clapton who said his best sings happens when he was sleeping and it woke him up and he couldn't get back to sleep until he wrote it.

The whole 15 minute breaks and hour lunches help productivity seems pretty legit too.
    K likes this.
  3. K

K Administrator Business Owner Entrepreneur

It's amazing how much you can get done and see when you're away from things.
  4. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

I try and get away when I can, a change in surroundings I find can give a change on perspective. Although I cant afford to go off to hotels. Another tip I would say is to carry a notepad and pen everywhere, the best ideas will hit you at the most random moments and you can guarantee that you wont remember by the time you get home to type it up.

BTW K, your site looks great
    K likes this.
  5. Thomas Hale

Thomas Hale Entrepreneur

Everything needs environment. It's look like a mind palace, where you can think, plan and move to your goal. I think I should do it like your way once a month.

Featured Businesses (View All)