EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

These Wildly Successful Entrepreneurs Once Were Homeless

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by EF-Roger, Sep 30, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Rags-to-riches stories have been popular throughout history, proving that you don’t have to be privileged or have things handed to you to be a success. These Fortune 500 success stories encapsulate the idea that hard work, determination, and a positive spirit are the necessary ingredients to bootstrap your way out of poverty, off the streets and into the realm of millionaire and even billionaire.

Read more These Wildly Successful Entrepreneurs Once Were Homeless

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

There are a lot more rags to riches stories around than people think but just reading some of them should act as an inspiration for anybody to carry on, no matter how hard a situation gets.

Hard work pays off, and even when things might be at there worst, hang in there and eventually good things will come as long as you keep believing in yourself.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Those are really inspiring success stories. Well, I do believe that nothing is impossible in this world as long as you are determined, hard working, and patient. It's never wrong to dream big anyway, and pursue your goals in life.
    Pearl likes this.
  4. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

Luck is also a huge factor to take into consideration. I'm from a country where poverty rates have been going through the roof for years now, and while I see a lot of determined and hardworking individuals around who certainly deserve better than what they've been getting, the reality is, not everyone can rise up to the Fortune 500 level without lady luck on their side. It's good to know, though, that there are stories like the ones mentioned that show that it is possible and that you don't always need to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth to succeed.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Unfortunately there's a true saying that money makes money, and for a lot of people in order to be able to acheive financial success it does require an amount of capital to begin with.

People that start with nothing have to work twice as hard to get were they want to be, but I'd they're willing to try, then I don't think anything is unachievable.
  6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

It reminds me of the movie Pursuit of Happiness. He was homeless and got a once in a lifetime position at a huge firm.
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

The difference between a movie and real life is that more often than not, in the movies they usually get a lucky break to be able to climb the ladder but in real life you normally have to try and make your own luck.

Featured Businesses (View All)