EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Wealthy Affiliate

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by onlinecashcity, Jan 26, 2016.

1. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

Anybody heard of this/tried it?

It's basically an online affiliate training course. I looked it over and it seems like it might be worth it, but the main idea of it is that you build a few niche sites to get traffic first.

The thing is, I don't know much about one particular subject or anything to even think of anything close to a subject to center a site around. So I'm not sure if this would be viable for me.

So many "make money online" things require a niche site and stuff and that is out of my league due to me not being adept at anything in particular.

2. Arken June Malvecino

Arken June Malvecino Entrepreneur

Yes, it's really hard to be approved on affiliate marketing sites. But they only let you generate revenue by having a commission for every product that is bought which was seen on your site. For me, CPA, CPM, and other advertising sites are the best choices to generate revenue through your site.
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

@onlinecashcity, There are multiple ways of becoming an affiliate marketer. You can have an niche site. However, you would still need to learn how to advertise it to those customers who are looking for what you have to offer. Without advertising and doing so to those who are interested in what you have, you would fail.

How do I know this? Well, I currently am the CEO/Owner/Accounts Manager of my own business called Affiliates Media and it is an affiliate network. Before I started that, I was and currently am an owner of an incent site.

In my teenage years, I did try these niche sites and did not do to well. I wasted hundreds of bucks with advertising with keywords that were to broad on search engines.

As for other ideas of what you can do are below...

FREE mobile application
    blog/website (display/banner)
  4. Schmetterling

Schmetterling Entrepreneur

There are two things that are difficult about making money with affiliate programs. Firstly, you need to get a hold of highly targeted traffic, and secondly you need to have a very good landing page that is able to convince the visitors to part with some of their money.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Affiliate marketing these days seems to be what a lot of people are looking at as a way to make money. The more popular it gets the more of these so called online training course are popping up.

When joining one of these sites, I think it's important to have at least some sort of background knowledge if what your getting into in the first place and you don't want to spend money on a course and then find out that something like affiliate marketing isn't for you.
  6. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

This seems like reasonable advice. I'm not too well versed in these types of things, so maybe it's best I just don't waste my time!
  7. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

From what I've read and what I've seen of TWA sites, seems that they incorporate the Empower Network and they are somehow associated with Vick Strizheus. The sites I've actually landed on were primarily about getting you to try TWA. I would imagine there are all different niches, though.

Does it work? I'm sure it probably does for some people but I don't know what their overall success rate is. Could be high, could be low, no idea. Read some (real) reviews or ask someone who is in their program and will tell you the truth.

You don't have to worry about not being "adept" about one thing in particular. If you can write, you can research stuff, or you can outsource the content. You'll need to find a sought after, low competition niche, though.

Meanwhile, you can avail yourself of the education and resources here or in Entrepreneurfix's sister forum: Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Either way, we're here to help you, if you need it. Just ask questions, we're a friendly bunch. :)
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time, and if you've never done anything like it before then at least have a look into it, and what you'll be doing, otherwise you'll never know.

I would hold off from investing any money into it yet though, that's all I was meaning because at the end of the day, you want to make money, not spend it on something that your not too sure about.
    azgold likes this.
  9. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

work that has the level of competition and the initial difficulties.

Featured Businesses (View All)