EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The US bans soaps, bodywashes, and toothpastes containing a harmful ingredient

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by EF-Roger, Dec 30, 2015.

1. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

The US just approved a billbanning soaps, toothpastes, and bodywashes that contain tiny plastic particles called microbeads.

Earlier in December, the House of Representatives passed a bill phasing out the environmentally harmful beads beginning July 1, 2017. On Monday, President Barack Obama signed it into law.

The problem with microbeads is simple: They don't dissolve, instead entering water streams by the billions.

Read more The US bans soaps, bodywashes, and toothpastes containing a harmful ingredient
    Valsthrivers likes this.

2. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

He'll sign something like this into law, but not ban GMOs? It figures.
  3. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

This is good news. I remember watching a video about how our oceans are filled with tiny pieces of plastic. Why would you want plastic in your tooth paste? I get fluoride free toothpaste. They should also ban the carcinogenic and neurotic pesticides that farmers spray all over our food.
  4. Pop

Pop Entrepreneur

Micro beads are crappy for the environment. GMOs are Plants and animals with some genes popped in from other animals. They only things they put in the environment is stuff normal plants and animals put in the environment.

But even if you think GMOs poop plutonium is that a reason to let another bad thing keep happening? Not sure I see the logic there.

Featured Businesses (View All)