EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Summary of an Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by T J Tutor, Apr 2, 2016.

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Many come to this community with different ideas about what an entrepreneur is. While there are mostly notions that an entrepreneur is someone that develops and idea into a business of some sort, the deeper meanings are where everything gets blurred. It is my belief, as well as many at the top, that among the most important aspects of an entrepreneur is to never allow fear of any type to become a gripping influence in one's respective career and accept and embrace calculated risk as what sets an entrepreneur apart from the average business person.

I see the topic of risk popping up in many discussions here in the forums. Most declaring it a motivation for fear. True entrepreneurs understand the need for risk and learns well to overcome the tendencies to do only that which is the safe thing. Entrepreneurs take calculated risks. Risks brought about by an idea that is then divided into parts to be given scrutiny, due diligence, and risk assessment.

So, an entrepreneur is really a bearer of risk. In being committed to a life of calculated risks, the entrepreneur also expects that most things do not work out. You see, we as entrepreneurs may make dozens of attempts, or as little as a few, to find the golden nugget. In doing so, we come to know that we live a life of elimination. We learn to become the experts in the world when it comes to elimination. We take risks, learn to eliminate, and all in the name of finding the opportunity which will flourish.

This, in my opinion (and with over forty years as an entrepreneur), is why most all of those entering into a life of entrepreneurship, QUIT! Almost everytime I see the quitter, the reasons are fear and risk causing them so much distress they cannot continue.

This is where mindset comes in. I've written about many of the topics above. In this forum and the other Fix Forums. In the end, one MUST deal with their mindset. Everyone must adjust their mindset, and do so with true character and commitment to accept the true path of the entrepreneur by embracing risk and do so without fear of any kind!

2. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

Wise words as usual @T J Tutor! In my opinion, a true entrepreneur would never quit. They might move to a new endeavor or put something on the back burner for a while. But never totally quit! That would be the factor that separates the true entrepreneur from the wannabes.

I love the part where you said an entrepreneur 'is committed to a life of calculated risks'. That sums it all up very nicely :D
    T J Tutor likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)