EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

School Research -- Smartphone Review website --

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by ChrisPeaks, Sep 25, 2016.

Where do you get your information on your next mobile phone purchase?

1. Manufacture website

0 vote(s)
  2. Blogs

1 vote(s)
  3. News sites

1 vote(s)
  4. Peers

0 vote(s)
  5. As soon as I walk into the store

2 vote(s)
  6. Online store

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChrisPeaks

ChrisPeaks Entrepreneur

Hoping to get at least 5 individual responses.
    Just looking for feedback on what people think about this idea. I was thinking it would be a smartphone and smartphone accessory review website with ad revenue incorporated. I would do a detailed review of each phone and then have a link for that phone to purchase. Not sure if I would do something like a drop-ship or if it would just be redirected to the phone company's website. There are over 100 different models that come out each year I think if I just did the hottest ones of each quarter I would stay busy. In the beginning I would have to purchase all the phones myself at full price but the goal would be that the companies would start to send me their phones so I could review their newest models for them.

How do you normally get information about new tech devises coming out? Blogs, News sites, peers, company website, amazon?
    Would you utilize such a website to research reviews on your next smartphone purchase? Would you buy directly from such a site? Would you click on an ad that would take you to an external site to buy a phone?

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Hi, Chris. Welcome to EFix! It would be great if you started a thread in the Introductions forum, so the other members can stop by and say hello.

Re your review site, boy, have you got a lot of competition! You'd have to somehow set yourself apart from all the others. If you can make yours better and give users a reason to go to your site instead of where they normally go, you could do very well, I imagine.

Do your research thoroughly before you sink a ton of money in a stock of smartphones.

Featured Businesses (View All)