EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RIP Alan Rickman, 69

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by Scooby Snack, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

From The Guardian:

Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family who said that he died “surrounded by family and friends”. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.

I had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Rickman a few years ago in a play at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and it was great seeing an actor I admire live on stage.

I think it's important to point out that we heap so much praise on pretty faces in the entertainment industry, but more often than not the artists that we truly cherish and remember are those that stand out from the pack--the Jimmy Stewarts, the Dustin Hoffmans, the Denzel Washingtons (although he is considered very handsome, his craft and transformational ability makes him stand out). Rickman was one of those people, with his unique voice and hangdog features. He could make any figure compelling, be it the German terrorist from Die Hard, the well-meaning but ultimately foolhardy husband from Love Actually, the repulsive Judge Turpin from Sweeny Todd, or yes, Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films.

Rest in peace, Mr. Rickman. You shall be missed.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

This is actually one of the news that made me truly sad. I have loved him in Harry Potter as Professor Snape but like you said, he wasn't just an actor in one film. He made a lot of films, a lot of characters, all of which he played greatly. He is always in character, in fact, you won't see one style of acting with him. He is not underrated for sure because he is always cast for films but somehow, for me, it just isn't enough to see his true acting prowess. He is a remarkable man, truly rounded by experience. RIP, Alan Rickman.:(

Featured Businesses (View All)