EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Relevancy Records idea

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Foxus, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Being a musician myself, I have wanted to be involved in all areas of the industry.
    Tell me whether I have something going here.

Mission Statement
    The idea of Relevancy Records is to bring the art of he underdog musicians into the light, unique voices, unique ideas, unique potential. Each musician should have a chance to see the world, to get their name out there, be the impact they want to see. Because no one wants to be left behind for being different.

Genres RR Covers: Various, mainly an emphasis on rock and rap. Rock was one of the top grossing genres in 2015.

Plan on Finding and Developing Talent
    Both online and live at clubs, Relevancy Records plans on finding and growing talent through one-on-one promotion. Upon being signed, artists have a initial meeting outlining their goals and needs during their tenure with RR. This includes whether a album is being planned, being recorded, or a new album is forecast in the future, as well as touring plans. RR will only work with a selected amount of artists, in order to provide better service and accommodations. However, new artists would be encouraged to reach out to RR.

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I am not a musician nor am I in the entertainment. My main line is banking and my business interest is clothing. However, may I toss in my 2 cents worth. My idea of business in music is to have a name - be it the studio or an artist in the studio. If I were you, my focus of aspiration would be to have a song that would go viral. That would start the ball rolling and would make the next productions easier with a captured market. In other words, you need to innovate on the marketing, i.e. how to get followers of your music. As they say, music is to be heard and if there is no audience then your music is nothing.
  3. Nancy

Nancy Entrepreneur

It sounds like a great idea, but I would clean up your grammar and composition ;) You want to appear to be professional! It takes a lot of work to promote an unknown name on an unknown label. You must constantly be networking and finding more venues, radio, etc to get the word out and build a following.

I love the idea and the name! I actually studied music business in college and hoped to be a producer :) It turns out there was not a market for the type of music I wanted to produce at that time. But now I see that type of music all over the place! I should have held out with my dreams and ideas!! So go for it!
  4. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Can you point out some of those errors?

Yeah, I'm thinking of registering the name as a trademark, even if it takes some time before I can fully commit, just so I can have the security of the name being mine, and no one else can officially use it. The fee is usually $25 or so, I eventually want to try building some sort of media conglomerate, titled something like S. Media Group (the S. is the first letter of my last name, it would appear fully in the logo, but until then, keep it concealed), and Relevancy Records might very well be the start.

Also, if you can give me any insight on that networking Nancy, that would be great. I originally considered calling it Baltic Records, but found out there is a label in Italy that goes by that name.
  5. jona

jona Entrepreneur

Beyond being a musician yourself how connected are you inside the industry? Do you have access to other artists and technicians like sound engineers and the like? What experience do you have or could you offer in social media marketing now that that's the new name of the game. Remember, even Justin Bieber was first a YouTube Star. Are you familiar with MCNs in things like YouTube? That's the way in which musicians and other talent are promoted in this new all digital streaming paradigm that we are living. Maybe a record label is limiting your scope, so take a look into that.

Featured Businesses (View All)