EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quick Question.......

Discussion in 'Accounts and Finance' started by Ryan Cameron, Jun 26, 2015.

  1. Ryan Cameron

    Ryan Cameron Entrepreneur

    I'm running a UK agency supplying consultancy solutions. I supply a client from the European union and, therefore, have to complete an ECSL every month.

    I am due to upload the ECSL for One-fourth Two in this yr, however, my accounts in those times haven't been paid by the client also it doesn't seem likely that they will if I am trustworthy.

    My problem, therefore, is, do I go on and upload the ECSL for sales of working as a consultant despite the fact that there's a pretty good possibility the invoices won't be paid?

  2. Dandelion

    Dandelion Entrepreneur

    You’ll need to complete an ESL if you’ve:

    • filled in Box 8 of your VAT Return; HMRC will automatically send you an ESL to complete
    • supplied any goods to a VAT-registered business in another EU country (this applies even if you didn’t invoice for them, unless they count as samples for VAT purposes)
    • moved any of your own goods to a VAT-registered branch, office or subsidiary company that you own in another EU country
    • given a VAT-registered customer in another EU country a credit note for goods, even if you didn’t supply them with any goods in this period
    • sold goods to a VAT-registered customer in another EU country and arranged for your supplier, who’s located in one EU country, to send the goods directly to your customer (this is triangulation)
    • supplied services to a VAT-registered EU businesses and that business accounts for the VAT (this is the reverse charge)

Featured Businesses (View All)

Share This Page