EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

People you meet traveling

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Ladyferoz, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I really like meeting other people when traveling even though I am quite an introvert. Most people are relaxed tourists who are having a good time, and keep up with conversations. They all have interesting stories and some have inspired me.
    However I have encountered the annoying people, and I try to stay away from them. These are the main types of people I do not like:
    • Disrespectful tourists who want to be treated like gods, while I was in Thailand I met people who were condescending to the locals
    • Anyone from Khaosan road in Thailand who claims to have found their way in life based on a handful of experiences with psychedelics and a buddha tattoo (I am joking in a way, but so many people were cringeworthy there)
    • People who disregard everyone's experiences as "authentic". I have had lectures from people who claim that I have not experienced a country until I have done so and so
    Who have you met that just irritated you? Or on the positive side, do you have stories about those who inspired you?

2. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I come from a rural area in the tropics. Nowadays, I don't travel alot since I am basically a work at home online entrepreneur. The internet has revolutionalized communication. Therefore a significant complement of the people I meet daily are online. I also get to meet different individuals from the local metropolis and they come from all walks of life. I like people who are liberal and tolerant.
    Ladyferoz likes this.
  3. ekhlas

ekhlas Entrepreneur

I love traveling and I love all peoples I meet while traveling. However, I certainly don't like some people. They are Broker trying to sell cheap hotel rooms, street sellers trying sell something to me which I don't want and Muggers.
  4. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I have met some really awesome people when traveling, even stayed in touch for quite some time afterwards.

Re the irritating people, I moved away from them. You know the ones - loud, obnoxious, rude.

Featured Businesses (View All)