EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PC Repair Business

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by ciaran071198, Mar 8, 2016.

1. ciaran071198

ciaran071198 Entrepreneur

I was looking into starting my own PC repair business and was wondering if anyone could give some advice on what to do when I start out. I already have a Facebook page and a basic Wix site but would love to have my own domain to look more professional along with some form of online payment service.

2. Raisa Shafiyyullah

Raisa Shafiyyullah Entrepreneur

I used to fix PC too, but as my side job. I usually come and pick up the PC. But usually, they have small issues, like malwares, updates/install, or password issues. So it's better to handle it on the spot. Free estimates can't hurt. Good luck. Oh, if you need help with websites PM me.
  3. jona

jona Entrepreneur

The nature of your work makes some kind of online payment kind of difficult, after all, people are going to have to bring the computers to you anyway so you may as well accept payment right away. Are you sure than an online presence is the best investment that you could o right now? If I were you I would be looking into buying some ad space on some local newspaper, or even investing in some fliers before concerning myself with a domain name. Just make sure your customers are happy so you get more by the power of word of mouth.
  4. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

I agree with @jona that a computer repair business is not fit for online payment since the repairman will be meeting the client anyway. For domestic or local businesses, perhaps a social media account like Facebook will do since the prospective clientelle depends on the location near your shop. @Raisa Shafiyyullah has a good suggestion that you can do spot estimates so your prospects will appreciate your effort - as they say, if the mountain will not come to Mohammed then Mohammed will come to the mountain. Well, if the client wouldn't come to your shop then your shop can go to the client.

Good luck.
  5. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

PC repair business means you will be working offline. In fact PC repair business is brick and mortar business where you can only work with the clients in your area. You can create a website and promote your work. However, more than the website, you can create a facebook page, boost the page by targeting the audience in your area. You can share your contact details and service on the page. This will help you get clients.
  6. Federico.Gimeno

Federico.Gimeno Entrepreneur

You guys have pretty much said it all.

@ciaran071198, I have been into PC repair for several years now, as a side job. I would suggest to start promoting yourself offline as well. Get some flyers and presentation cards done and deliver them to your neighbors, family, friends and acquaintances. Think of some value you can add to your job that can differentiate yourself from other repairers, and state that in your advertisement.
  7. servite

servite Entrepreneur

I suggest to build relations with parts suppliers so you can buy replacement parts at a discount. Most of the time your customers prefer that you supply these parts as well. After preparing your supply chain, you can work on the promotion and marketing side. This is where a website or an FB page will come into the picture. When you start to have clients it is very important to keep them satisfied, word of mouth is an excellent free marketing tool. On the contrary news about bad service travels as fast. So it is of utmost importance to build good customer service. Another tool that will help the business is a simple customer database to help you track customers and the issues with their PC's. Units maybe coming back to your shop for different reasons and it will help in your troubleshooting if you know the history of the equipment.
  8. scaleclack

scaleclack Entrepreneur

You'd definitely look more professional and dedicated with your own domain. The ones I've seen before cost about $14 a year. Pretty cheap considering the pros it adds to your shop.
  9. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

I always thought a mobile house call PC repair business would be fun. You pick up a PC, bring it home, order parts, repair it, return it, and charge for every step. Marketing local is really easy with social media, craigslist, classifieds, business cards, flyers, and word of mouth. I prefer more online based business, as I'm a webmaster and love working within the internet.

Featured Businesses (View All)