EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Newbie and clueless

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by RavenLily, Jan 15, 2016.

1. RavenLily

RavenLily Entrepreneur

I want to start my own business but like many others, have no clue of how to get started. I have no idea of what kind of business to start or if it will even work. I am also very scared of failing and coming out looking like a fool for doing such a thing. I am really tempted to try out selling on Ebay and Amazon, but so many others do it, I'm not sure now is the time to get in on it. I am looking for investment opportunities as well, but not anything at this time. I would love to hear other's advice and suggestions on how a newbie like myself can get started in becoming a great entrepreneur.

2. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Failing is the best thing to do, because thats how you progress. All the successful guys have failed over and over until they figured out the way to do it right.

Its like learning to ride a bike
    Digsby Trace likes this.
  3. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

The first thing that you should do is eliminate all negative forces like fear. Most people succeed because they didn't listen to people who are trying to convince them that they will fail. You only have to trust your instict, with a little help from your observation. Read articles and books related to business and successful business people. You may find important advice on how they became successful with their business. You can also read forums like these and talk to people who have done the same kind of business. It is also important to have a knowledge regarding the medium that you're gonna use ( online selling, own website, Brick and mortar shop) and compare the advantage and disadvantage of using them.
    Michelle Bondesio likes this.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I think that you should pursue whatever your gut is telling you to pursue. Be positive and don't think that you will fail. And I must say, you won't look like a fool if ever you fail, because whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Failures make you learn more. The more failures you have, the more it means that you have battled life.

As for trying Amazon and eBay, why not? Who knows if you will succeed in there? You can also try building your own site and seeing where you go from there. Good luck!
  5. MoonMan

MoonMan Entrepreneur

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!! I am also just begining, so I have a lot to learn as well. But one thing I have learned in my journey in life thus far, is be careful with your words. Be careful how you talk to yourself and how you talk about yourself. Words are very powerful. Instead of referring to yourself as "newbie and clueless", maybe you can say that you are "newly awakened and ready to learned". Say them both and feel which one makes you feel more empowered!! Steve Jobs didn't know what he wanted to do either. But he didn't consider himself a clueless newbie. He considered himself newly awakened and ready to learn! And when the right idea came along, he pounced on it, not really knowing what to do, but he sank his teeth into it and figured it out, even when others around him thought it couldn't be done. He was not clueless, he was ready to learn. Let's all try to be careful with the words we use, especially when referring to, or thinking about ourselves!! Good luck in your journey!
    Michelle Bondesio likes this.
  6. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

So you want to start a business,the first question you have to answer is how much are you going to invest? Question of money is very important before the business startup because you should never invest that you cannot afford to lose.
    Once you have funds, then you can think about business types. If you want to sell on ebay, ask yourself what is the thing that you want to sell?
  7. Michelle Bondesio

Michelle Bondesio Business Owner Entrepreneur

Digsby, I agree with the advice you've provided here, it's all necessary preparation for starting and building a business.

I would also add this: Before starting a business, you need to identify a real customer problem that needs solving or a need that isn't being met, and then create a product solution that solves it, which is tested and developed with feedback from the potential market. You need to know that the product or service you create is actually something that people want to buy, not something you think they might like to buy. One step at a time, and failing is part of the learning. Good luck to RavenLily :)
  8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Hello there, @RavenLily! Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you on board. :) Well, if you want to start a business of your own, you have got to choose the field you really have so much passion for. If you don't love what you're doing, I doubt you'll ever be successful in it. You also have got to take a risk. Failing is part of the journey towards success. What matters is that you never give up. All the best! :)
  9. finearts

finearts Entrepreneur

Everyone is gonna laugh at you when you're fail and when you mess up but when you make it and you're all set they will be the ones begging you for things. You are gonna fail many times before you become successful. There is no reason not to try, just do something you love and don't give up!

Featured Businesses (View All)