EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Audi R8!

Discussion in 'Cars and Vehicles' started by HowTo, Feb 27, 2015.

1. HowTo

HowTo Entrepreneur

2. Eastside

Eastside Entrepreneur

Love it personally
  3. Andy

Andy Entrepreneur

It's ok, will take a bit of growing design wise. Technically I've no doubt it will stack up nicely though.
  4. Tagging

Tagging Entrepreneur

I prefer the old one tbh
  5. Investor

Investor Entrepreneur

I'm not sure I like the direction they've gone. It reminds me of how the redesigned Bentley GT was more squared out and less flowing in design. What can be expected when they're all owned by VW at this point. The GT grew on me, and I'm sure this one will, too.

I do like what they've done with the side blade though...

I owned a 2013 R8 5.2 as a daily driver. It was a great car. I always loved the lines and the presence of it in person (photos never do it justice IMO), but refused to buy one before '13 because of the ridiculous R-Tronic single-clutch transmission. The S-Tronic dual-clutch was awesome and smooth. And the LED upgrades for '13 were an awesome bonus.

Are you considering buying one? As with most cars, it's usually not a good idea to get a first-year production variant. You are the guinea pig, and you don't get perks for this "privilege". The MP4-12C is a great example of getting screwed on the first year-model. That car was amazing when it worked, but required so many "updates" it essentially became the 650S, after which most MP4-12C owners lost about $75k-$100k in value.

If you're only able to own one exotic, and it'll be your daily driver, I would suggest the 2015 911 Turbo S (another VW). The launch control is sublime, especially when upgraded to the Pirelli P-Zero tires. It's an amazingly, shockingly fast vehicle. With all the power and performance potential, it's a tame daily-driver. We go on road trips all the time in it. Hot weather, cold weather. No problem. It's even manageable in the rain. The sound rivals V8 and V12 powerhouses, even at idle. It's my second favorite car at the moment. Highly recommend.

Featured Businesses (View All)