EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

John Gokongwei - On Challenging the Big Guys

Discussion in 'Useful Resources and Inspirations' started by ruener79, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

I found this speech at millionaireacts.com and I thought of sharing it here. I find his story very inspirational and I hope it can encourage some of you, too. What I like about his story is how he built three of his businesses against the biggest names in the industry. A lot of us often don't want to take on a business that's already been clearly dominated by big corporations, but this man challenged that and made a brand that fought against the giants and came out a victor. Anyway, it's quite a long read - but I hope you find encouragement and inspiration in his story.

ENJOY: John Gokogwie of JG Summit Holdings: http://www.millionaireacts.com/772/gokongwei-success-story.html

2. Arken June Malvecino

Arken June Malvecino Entrepreneur

Such an inspiring read! All it really takes is courage, I concluded. Courage of taking risks is that powerful.
  3. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

I almost cried while reading this. I always knew that the Gokongweis were rich but I didn't know the trials that they've encountered. There was even a myth about the source of their wealth, a half-man half-snake that was hidden in the basement and laid golden eggs. But hearing the story of Mr. Gokongwei, I know that it was purely being determined and wise made him into who he is today. I admire him for that and for passing his knowledge to his family members. I need to print this speech in order to remind myself that I could achieve great things with hardwork and determination. Thank you for sharing this, by the way :)

Featured Businesses (View All)