EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

It's National Small Business Week

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by T J Tutor, May 7, 2016.

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

This week was National Small Business Week. Did you attend any related events? I did.

Our local Chambers of Commerce all sponsored events, seminars, and presentations throughout the area. I went to five of them. We had eleven chambers participating. I learned that the SBA was a moving force behind getting chambers all over the U.S. to put events together.

Two of the events I went to were finance related. The best one was presented by an Angel Investor from NYC. He was extremely optimistic about small business for the foreseeable future. He and his partners invested $110 Million in the past two years and are expecting to double that by 2018.

Over all, I have to say the events were very uplifting. A couple of the events addressed FinTech and were really insightful about the direction of banking, POS's, and financial management.

Did any of you attend any cool Small Business Week events?

2. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

Really? That must mean it's being taken seriously, we'll probably see/hear about it more now.

No. I didn't realize it was Small Business Week. Actually, I just tried to find out when we have one. According to Wikipedia, the Canadian Small Business week is the third full week in October. So, I still have time to make it. :)
    T J Tutor likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)