EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Inspiration for Work

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Slique, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Slique

Slique Entrepreneur

What type of work do you do and where do you find inspiration?

2. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Frankly speaking, I want to retire from my work because I have been with this bank for 27 years. However, we have no fallback with the finances so maybe I will have to wait until I reach retirement age 7 years from now. When I feel lethargic with my work, I just check on my financial account to perk me up. Seeing the balance on our house mortgage, the installments on the car, that gives me a sort of inspiration to go on. Sometimes I have to open my eyes to the benefits that I get from my job so that I would have the appetite to work with dedication.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

I'm a professional dancer and freelance writer. These things are my passions in life, and I'm driven purely by that fact. I could not find happiness anywhere else and kept looking at what could have been. So I decided to firmly grasp my desires with both hands and make those "shoulda-coulda-wouldas" into reality. In that sense, I find inspiration in living to the day to day as I meet fellow dancers and writers, trade stories, and see the world through my own unique lens.
  4. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I am an artist and part-time graphic designer. My inspirations lie everywhere, sometimes I will be walking to class and run into someone or something that interests me and serves as a creative tool, for example, blooming cherry blossom trees are a great tattoo design. The night also serves as an inspirational tool for me, I am a night owl and my greatest ideas came from 3 a.m.
  5. Nikita

Nikita Entrepreneur

I work in digital design and I also own an online retail shop but I hope to be able to let go of both someday and pick up a business where I can really do what I love and not just for the money. For now it's a bit hazy since I was never really encouraged to think about such things in my earlier years so now I am left sort of shocked and confused as I awake more and more but I trust that eventually I will figure it out. What motivates me is the goals I have and how much I want to accomplish many of them and I know they all require quite a bit of financial backing so I continue to work hard so I can earn enough to devote my time to things I am actually passionate at.
  6. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Entrepreneur

I am currently working for different sites online and my principal inspiration to keep doing what I do is to think about what I will be able to do when I finally get paid or what I am going to be able to buy or invest in when I finally get paid, it is all about what you really want and what you're actually working for, every single person has different aspirations and tastes and I personally think that thinking about what you're gonna do in the future is the most powerful inspiration that could ever exist.
  7. ctfranklin28

ctfranklin28 Entrepreneur

At the current time, I do freelance writing and assist small business owners with social media marketing. I also do some administrative support as well.

I actually find my inspiration for what I do in reflection and contemplation. When I'm busy creating yet another Tweet or Facebook post, my brain is very much "left-brained" and focused on strategy (with a dash of right-brain creativity thrown in). I don't think about the really BIG picture of what I'm actually doing: using words and images on a computer file to facilitate an emotion or behavior using a single computer connected to a network of interconnected computers.

Then one day, someone says "Your post really inspired me" or "I took action because of what you said"....then it hits me.
  8. bhu

bhu Entrepreneur

I am a freelance writer, editor and social media consultant. Lately, my inspiration comes from a variety of sources. One moment, I'll be chatting online with a friend and something she'll say or something about her situation will strike me just the right way, and I'll get a slew of ideas for more books. At other times, my own truth is stranger than most people's fiction, so I brainstorm from there or inject a little of it, fictionalized or as an example, into my works in progress. I've found out my reading audience and I have a lot in common, so that helps. When I learn more about them and the challenges they face or have faced, I might toss that in the mix, as well. Also, I might read a situation, character or setting in someone else's book and be inspired to try something like that in one of my stories. Inspiration is all around us.
  9. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

1. Sеtа gоаl-thе triсkhеrе istо visuаlizе thе gоаldоwntо itsmоstminutе dеtаil. Fееlit, sее it. Imаginе thе еndrеsult: whеnyоuсlеаryоurеxаm, mаrrythе pеrsоnyоulоvе, wininаnОlympiс rасе, gеtyоurdrеаmjоbеtс. This will hеlp in еstаblishing а соnnесt with yоur gоаl.

2.Shоrt-tеrm gоаls- Stаrt with simplе shоrt-tеrm gоаls аnd thеn prоgrеss tо lоngеr rаngе gоаls. Rеmеmbеr tо mаkе yоur gоаls rеаlistiс аnd асhiеvаblе. It's еаsy tо gеt frustrаtеd аnd givе up if yоur gоаls аrе tоо аmbitiоus.
    Nеurоsсiеnсе tеlls us thаt еасh smаll suссеss triggеrs thе brаin’s rеwаrd сеntrе, rеlеаsing fееl gооd сhеmiсаldоpаminе. This hеlps fосus оur соnсеntrаtiоn аnd mоtivаtеs tо tаkе аnоthеr similаr stеp.

3.Trасk yоur prоgrеss - It's еаsy tо gеt lоst nоwаdаys аmоng аll thе tеmptаtiоns wе hаvе ассumulаtеd аrоund us. Thе bеst wаy tо stаy оn trасk is tо kееp up with yоur gоаls by mаintаining wееkly сhесkpоints.
    If yоu sее thаt yоu аrе оn trасk оr еvеn еxсеlling еvеry timе yоu сhесk yоur prоgrеss, yоu will bе mоtivаtеd аnd hаppy thаt yоu аrе gеtting thеrе. If yоu sее thаt yоu аrе lаgging оn yоur gоаls, it mаy bе thе rеmindеr yоu nееd tо hеlp gеt yоu bасk оn trасk.
  10. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Entrepreneur

Moneyyyyyyyyy. That's always been and will be my inspiration.
  11. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

My inspirations are always from my knowledge, past experience, studying successes and successful people, and introspective time I set aside every day.
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.
  12. CheckTheNumbers

CheckTheNumbers Entrepreneur

I work for a variety of online outlets between regular work for local clients. It gets me by with a little extra and I'm very good at my savings.

I stay motivated because I love my work and it takes care of me and my needs :)
    T J Tutor likes this.
  13. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Entrepreneur

I am a freelance business/project manager and I find inspiration for work in games and saving money. It is hard to believe but I am always motivated when I play games which I want to turn to a daily habit. Also, watching your saved money grow can be turn on in ones career.
  14. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

‘Passion’ is a word so over used, that if you actually ask around you may find that not everyone really gets what Passion is. At the root of it all, it points to that strong emotion you have inside of you, for someone, or some thing. For example just because you love to sing (in the shower), that doesn’t necessarily mean that your passion is the act of singing.

My passion pulls me to do work where my heart is and others get inspired when they find their trust and believes in it.

Happiness, Love, Money etc are all the derivative of the same. And trick is to take all together you cant demand any one higher than the other.

That's "doing" according to me.
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  15. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

Sadly, we don't always get the job that we're passionate about. Some people have to keep working to have ends meet, including me. I motivate myself by sticking to my hobbies and things that makes me excited and happy. It relieves my stress from work. I also tried to leave all work related stuff at work in order not to be stressed at home. The things that motivates me to work now aside from paying bills ( hahaha!) is a respectful boss who make sure that I get paid on time and leave on time and learning from work. I get to learn from my customers and everyday situation.
  16. Xerxes

Xerxes Entrepreneur

Right now I complement my STEM entry level job with solid beermoney online gains. For those jobs my only inspiration is making money in order to find something better in the future or run my own business. But everything has its time and place, and for me right now is saving money for a better future.

Featured Businesses (View All)