EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

If You Could Only Use One Method...

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by onlinecashcity, Jan 30, 2016.

1. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

...to make money online, what would it be?

That is, if somebody asked you one way to make money online, that is almost guaranteed, not as time consuming, and all of these other factors, what would you tell them?

I might have to go with posting to forums or writing articles. It seems to be quick turnaround for only a decent amount of work at most. The other methods like affiliates, blogging, etc could turn into something big, but it's a large time investment.

2. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Oh, I would definitely apply for the search engine or virtual assistant jobs. I wouldn't start a business until after I earn money. The fact is that if you're living at home, working as a VA at $15 an hour, you're saving all of that money! I'm talking about working for a company, not working as a freelancer! Plus, VAs don't work full time even when they are working full time, I say this from experience. So, as a VA, you can then work on your gig, whatever, it is you wanted to do. So, you build a business from home, while you're working from home :)
  3. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I would go with article writing. Forum posting is good because you can make instant money on paid forums, however, article has potential to earn for long time. Some of my high earning articles were published in 2012.
  4. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

If you've got some skills that are in demand, I would probably go with freelancing. It can be very time consuming writing articles, blog posts, and forum posts, for small amounts of money. Instead, you can make far more, and make it much faster, by completing some freelancing tasks. In particular, things like logo design, creating layouts or other graphics in Photoshop or Illustrator, building basic web site or email templates, etc... You can get anywhere from $50 to a few hundred dollars for tasks like these, depending on your talent level. I've gotten $250 for just designing a logo, and upwards of $1,500 for designing small sites for small businesses. The key is to make sure you are very clear up front about how many re-designs and re-workings of your projects you are willing to do, and be specific about when a project is considered "done". Otherwise, especially with designing web sites, some clients may keep hitting you up for changes down the road, assuming they were included in the original costs.
    djentre likes this.
  5. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

This is very important. I used to design and sometimes implement UIs as a freelancer. To me it was the most fun job. But, then people came back with strange revision requests - you see, UIs and designs are an on going process, so you need to make sure that requirements are locked down before committing to anything.
  6. FreelancingQueen

FreelancingQueen Entrepreneur

I love to write and most likely will always do this type of work. I love the flexibility it gives me and that I can be creative at times. I write articles and even hope to one day write children's books. Writing is not for everyone, but when you enjoy doing it and can find legitimate sites to buy your writing pieces it can be well worth it.
  7. setupdisc

setupdisc Moderator Entrepreneur

I would do what I started with years ago, and that was helping local businesses to get ahead with the skills they required to meet needs that weren't being met from other sources, or to get them online and help with everything from radio ad results to local promotions.

There are always small businesses who are looking to spend money to make money. As long as you do good for them and help them to make more money than they spend, you gain a positive reputation very fast.

There are lots of great credentials a person can have to get noticed, recognized, and requested. But the very best credentials I have found is a positive suggestion via word-of-mouth.

When one business owner is friends with another for years and trusts their judgement, they will go with their recommendation over anything else usually. And when that business owner tells his friend how you helped them and how they spent a little bit, but made a lot more...guess what happens? You make money even more quickly. And if two or more of his friends in business recommend you, you're going to get a lot of business and have people coming to you that you never advertised to as the result of it.

If you're trying to make money more quickly and use only one method, the other good thing is that there are small businesses who will take that chance initially if the conditions are right and the risk is low enough to them to make that first step - even if they don't know you yet. So if it's a first time chance and they like the idea of what you offer enough to give it a try even without recommendation, then above all else, treat them well and do right by them with what their business needs. You will gain that reputation one successful development at a time.

If you can do this, you will make a good living and then some.

If you're going to try other methods and opportunities, you can make money there of course, too. Just be sure to diversify and never place all your eggs in one basket, business, or opportunity when you do.
  8. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

If only my blog was earning money, I'll go with that one. It's fun, you're doing something you love and you get to influence people. It's the job that I dream of really. I love writing and won't stop doing so but for now, my blog is not lucrative at all. I'm still at the level of a beginner with regards to blogging so I'm not losing hope. For now, I love writing in it and finding people that see my articles as useful is quite amazing.

Since we're talking about a method that's not as time-consuming and guaranteed, I'd say investing would be the way to go. It can be guaranteed if you study the stock market well and it won't consume much of your time. It's more like a passive income.

As far as other methods of earning online, I'd say all of them are time-consuming and mostly not guaranteed. I have yet to find an online job that lets me earn a few dollars in an hour or two. No, that hasn't happened to me and I doubt it will.
  9. onlinecashcity

onlinecashcity Entrepreneur

Sounds interesting. I would only do that on the weekends, haha. Don't places like these outsource the jobs to other countries for super cheap?
  10. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

I am confident on my writing skills but if i have the ability, talent, and skills of a successful affiliate marketer, i would choose on that business model.
  11. swalia

swalia Entrepreneur

I would prefer writing tasks. This is the only way I have always made money online. However, I am developing my astrology and tarot reading website nowadays and that is going to be my main focus once the site is launched.
  12. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

IF I have the money, I think the way for me to go is investing in the stock market. Earning is definitely not guaranteed, but as they say - the higher the risk, the higher the earning potential. I've tried earning through stocks trading in the past, and definitely not time consuming. However, there are days that you don't earn at all, like when the market is down and you don't want to sell at a loss.
  13. Kaia

Kaia Entrepreneur

This is what I want to do. I want to provide a combination of online and offline marketing services to local businesses. I do believe that I could be of service and help local business improve their marketing. I have very good marketing skills on and offline.
    setupdisc likes this.
  14. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

I will become an affiliate

Featured Businesses (View All)