EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ideas bouncing around my head.

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by Jade, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Jade

Jade Entrepreneur

Few Ideas:

Website/MessageBoard/Shop for "Preppers" but for someone who thinks Zombie Apocalypse will happen.

Consulting Agency for Businesses

Work from Home Forum (Important to me, but ultimately not profitable I think)

WordPress Site Building Business

Cuttin' Lawns.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

I think that a forum about Working from Home is a great idea. There are many forums like this. But to make your site different, maybe make it more extensive. Like add all the possible work from home jobs that anyone can find. Make a section for each type of job then a subsection for each company.

A site building business is also very relevant nowadays. I think more and more people want to venture into site building but have no clue where to start. That's where your business will come in. And I think that has a great potential and will have a lot of following.
  3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Entrepreneur

The preppers one sounds really interesting. There's a lot of people into that sort of thing so I'm sure you'd get a lot of traffic and participation.
  4. EntrepreneurialSpirit

EntrepreneurialSpirit Entrepreneur

I definitely think that the forum for working at home is a great idea. There are countless people that want to do this, regardless of whether it's realistic or not. Most people that want to work at home have already researched multiple types of jobs that it can be done with. I think the experience would be the most valuable content that could be brought to a forum like that. All you have to do is google work from home and a million things come up. However, it's very difficult to actually get sound advice from someone who has legitimately done it. This would be highly valuable information.
  5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

If I were you, I would have to go with "work from home forum." There are a lot of freelancers out there who are always on the lookout for new online opportunities, and setting a niche about it would be a great idea. I believe it's going to be lucrative enough for you as this forum would be able to generate decent traffic, thus giving you profit.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Ideas are one thing, we all have good (and bad) ones, it's actually implementing them that can be the biggest issue.

The easiest ones aren't always the most prfotable, but whatever you choose, your heart as got to be in it and if it's just an idea to make money but your not really in love with what your doing, no matter how good the idea is, it's going to be destined to fail
  7. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

"Prepping' is popular and I agree with some of the things they do. Storing water, food. Nothing wrong with that.

There are a lot of work from home forums.

Cutting lawns as a business or a website? Business wise if you live in a bigger town and can do landscaping as well it something that pays well. I knew of some people that had lawn service during the day and worked at a factory at night for the insurance.
  8. TobiasW

TobiasW Entrepreneur

I like the forum for those hoping to make a living working from home. There are lots of ways to work from home, but few offer anything approaching a living wage.

I also like the cutting lawns idea! Basically my lifetime's experience has taught me that doing what you enjoy and getting variety in your work is the best way to live
    pwarbi and EF-Roger like this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

I think variety is key to keeping happy in your work to be honest, as how often do you hear people complaining because they've had the same job for 20 years and they're stuck in a rut they can't get out of.

Sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to pay the bills though unfortunately so some people aren't lucky enough to be able to pick and choose.
  10. omison

omison Entrepreneur

Solid advice. Ideas aren't anything unless you put them into action and you're getting so much great insight here to do so...

And don't doubt anything you WANT to do...if you're really focused on it and have a heart to see it through - MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Stay away from negativity and darkness during the time of inspiration, see a mentor to guide you a little bit and help with the early on decision making and MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Good luck!
  11. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M. Entrepreneur

These are the ones I would do.

There is already a very popular authority "prepper" website called "SHTF Plan". However, I do not think it has a forum. You could create a forum and sell Zombie Apocalypse merchandise from Amazon as an affiliate.

There is already a few work from home forums, however they all pretty much have the same content and everyone is talking about the same work from home opportunities on each forum. If you can talk about something new that the average work form home forums are not talking about, this could be pretty successful.

Cutting grass is steady work. Small money, but steady pay. I like steady income.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Small and steady is probably the way to go when starting any business that you've gotten from an idea.

Not only will you be finding your feet and trying to make your idea work, you'll also at yhecsame time be trying to focus on the business aspect of it and making sure that your not going to fizzle out before your idea as got off the ground.
  13. onepetitemiss

onepetitemiss Entrepreneur

I like the word press site building business. I know a lot of writers who want/need websites but they don't know how to make them their own. And there are a lot of people who charge a ridiculous amount of money to do this. If you can offer the business, and offer it at a price that people can afford, then you're golden. I know that wordpress can be tricky and if you could help a little, I think it could be very profitable to you
  14. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Entrepreneur

Your view carries a very significant and heavy point. I liked the fact that you identified that he should not give an audience to negativity. Negativity is a great killer of dream out here and even a “shred” of doubt can bring down an enterprise in its infancy. These are times of high skepticism and there are lots of people out here with pessimistic views. They only identify the negative out of the positive. They have dark view about something and are therefore trying to cultivate the same thoughts in you. They fear you will make it and prove them wrong. Wherever there is optimism, there is surely a success ahead. So thanks again for identifying such a crucial point that the entrepreneur needs. It may save them from falling even before they start. Focusing is the primary goal they need.
  15. xeylonfm

xeylonfm Entrepreneur

You are very right Pwarbi. I have come to understand that big dreams are a double-edged sword. They either elevate you to achievement or they can derail you a swell. When one is venturing into a new business ground, it’s much better to begin small and perfect the small, and keep on adding justified steps towards the “big dream.” The entrepreneur is shielded from the many risks that derail businesses even before they lift off. So they should not have huge expectations that would shrink the enterprise at the sight of a mere challenged. So I fully agree with your view.
    pwarbi likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)