EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I dont have a passion.

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by James Fresh, Jan 13, 2016.

1. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

I hear a lot about people saying you have to practice your "Craft" but i dont really have a passion yet.. I Wasted 8 years of my life on video games

So i am 23 and i honestly have no passions. I wasted like 8 year of my life on video games..

Now i am getting a Personal Trainer Certificate so i can start making decent money, i can earn about 200$ a day as a personal trainer, and then i plan on creating a website with online coaching so i can make money on the side.. I Plan on using about 2000$ in marketing and on video equipment for when i have the certification so i can start my first business ASAP. Also about 500$ on a decent website..

But i can't see myself doing Personal Training in 2 years, its not really a "Passion" but i love working out and nutrition, but i look at it as a "Important" part of life, taking care of yourself. And the knowledge i get in the PT Education is invaluable.. Learning about the body, nutrition etc is essential in life...

Since i have been unemployed for 2-3 years now i look at it as a way to get back to earning my own money again, and also create a online business that i want to make into a passive income, Books etc... Online coaching.. So i can make money location independently.

I always wanted to learn making music, or acting or something like that.. I look at starting my own business and Personal training as a way to make passive income, and make money that i can invest in myself in form of Singing/Guitar/Piano classes etc, marketing, equipment etc etc... And maybe i get some ideas later on for products i can release etc..

I read a lot

2. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Hey man, in a way I feel I can sympathize with you. I won't go into details, but I will just say I am around the same age bracket with a bigger gap in employment (hence part of the reason I'm becoming an entrepreneur). Quite possibly, maybe you could take your musical and fitness interests, and intertwine them. Make a business out of both, as well as develop an app.
    Just my .2.
    Angel and James Fresh like this.
  3. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Learning to make an app sounds like a good idea, got experience making apps?
  4. Foxus

Foxus Entrepreneur

Not exactly, but I am looking into doing it myself through my own prospects.
  5. Teahi

Teahi Entrepreneur

23? You're still really young, some people don't discover what their passions are until they are way older than you are now. Of course there are some people who know what they want to do from the time they are like 5 years old, which is great, but not everybody is like that. We all are different when it comes to finding out what we really like and what we don't particularly care for.
    It seems to me like playing video games is your passion because you wrote twice that you've wasted 8 years of your life on video games. In my opinion, anytime anyone does something for a long length of time like 8 years, that's where their passion is. Maybe you'd like video game development, or maybe start a YouTube channel of you playing video games. Those channels are very popular (Toby's Games, for instance), and you can make a lot of money.

Getting into personal training is fine, but if you don't really love it then after you take up that career, you might find yourself being really dissatisfied on a daily basis.
    Digsby Trace likes this.
  6. Digsby Trace

Digsby Trace Entrepreneur

I always believe in the saying that the time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. After all, you enjoyed playing those video games, right? And you can also start a business that is related to video games. I've always been passionate about writing novels, poems and short stories but I find myself growing tired of it too sometimes so I'm taking a small break from time to time and try something new. Passion can wane too but you'll always go back to it. Twenty three years old is not too late to discover something that you're passionate of. As we grow, we also discover new interest. I tried Taekwondo at the age of 22, a sport I've been dying to learn since I was a kid but got no money for lessons. But then I realized it wasn't for me and stop. At the age of 23, I learned how to swim. I never though I would still be able to learn how to swim and now, I'm looking forward to my next summer. Spend your whole life discovering what makes you happy.
    Teahi likes this.
  7. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

I want to learn new stuff, i signed up to salsa classes etc.. When i play video games these days i feel down and depressed.. I tried playing League of Legends the other day.. It does make me feel satisfied..

I feel like i have grown out of it, because video games kinda bore me these days...

I want to do things in the "Real world"
  8. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Since you don't want to pursue a career in the video game world, then you are probably in the right direction from what you are doing now. I think you already have a good grasp of what you need to do in order to get out of that predicament you're in. Hopefully, when you do get your certificate, you can start focusing on developing more of your skills to find that passion that you say you don't have, yet.

I wish you good luck in finding that passion. It can be hard to find that niche where you really excel at. And some people spend many years just trying out different things and seeing what their passion is really about. So really, at your age, you still have a lot of time to do that as well. Enjoy all things and maybe you can find what that missing link is. Keep us posted if you can!
  9. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Today i woke up 12:00. I have to fix my sleep routine, and get a habit in working out, nutrition and sleep.. Then focus on getting money money <3

Thanks man! Your awesome Brianna
    davide strina likes this.
  10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Hey there, @James Fresh! Well, let bygones be bygones. Don't dwell too much in the past, rather, just try to focus on the present, and keep striving to achieve your life goals. It's good to know that you've now decided to make yourself more productive. All the best! :)
    davide strina likes this.
  11. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

You don't need to pay for music lessons. You can learn anything on youtube, it has how to videos for all instruments. Just because you play video games doesn't mean your wasting to your life away... I'm 28 and still play PC games daily. If your interest is in music then you should make that your passion. If your low on funds, I recommend getting a job over starting your own business.. at least until you can save up enough money to live comfortably while your creating your business.
  12. CoolSpot

CoolSpot Entrepreneur

The wasted time on video games is not really wasted, without knowing it you would have learnt problem solving skills, and improved hand eye coordination.

Anything you do is not really wasting time, everything will benefit you in someway or another.

You could even put what you learnt in playing games back into making your own games, look at the type of games that you enjoyed, find what it was you liked about them, what you didnt like, and then use unity or the unreal engine (both of wich are now free) and play about with making a game. While this isnt something that your going to want to count on as an income if you have never done it before, it might be a fun little project that will make use of some of the skills you learnt while playing games. Again, this is probably not the best idea for generating income straight away as im sure your aware that there would be a bit of a learning curve from playing a game to making a game and then having a playable finished product. This would be more of a hobby at this point.

If making a game sounds intresting to you, i recommend checking out unity, it's simple to use and the tutorials on the site are awesome and most can be completed in around 6-8 hours, then with a few tweeks, you can turn them into fully playable fun little games like super monkey ball.
  13. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I was in your place. I've accidentally discovered my love for medicine while training for Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. Most of the students there were also studying Medicine and I was feeling like I was the retarded of the group. I started to read and I was soon addicted. Moral of the story is that you have to try things. Go discover new stuff. You never know what you really like until you try it.

Featured Businesses (View All)