EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to get investors for your business ?

Discussion in 'Financing Your Startup' started by Rohit sharma, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Rohit sharma

Rohit sharma Entrepreneur

Any advice for offline business investment ? Please share your advice.

2. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

what are you looking to do? I am an investor myself.
  3. Enronitis

Enronitis Business Owner Entrepreneur

Look into angel funding.
    Depending on what your idea is, I may be interested in funding it as well.
    Shoot me a message.
  4. Dandelion

Dandelion Entrepreneur

It's look like you are from Asia. If you have proper plan and if It seem to me this will turn into profit then I am in. Send me your proposal. :)
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Well the first thing to do is create a business plan, a proforma, a prospectus, and all prepared by professionals. Make sure you know their contents 100% before doing any presentations and make sure your presentations are well rehearsed. Make sure they are genuine and they show your conviction and confidence.

Then, once this is in place, start exploring and understanding the funding sources available. Once your sources have been selected as a good fit, then it's time to start your recruitment process to garner their interest.

It's all negotiating and pitching from that point until you close!
    Francis likes this.
  6. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

Depends on what you want to build and how much you need. Investors mean different things to different people. Here is a short list of potential sources of finance:

1. FFF - Friends, Fools and Family
    2. Angel Investors
    3. Banks
    4. Government Programs
    5. Incubators
    6. VCs
    7. Crowdfunding
    8. Trusts
    9. Publishing houses and Educational institutes

The thing is before you go down that list, you should try to make sure that you have some skin in the game as well. I know that certain "passive income" authors have said you can do things without using your own money, but that is not true. Other than FFF, everyone wants to see some level of commitment. Commitment is measured either by the sweat equity you have put in or by the amount of money you have invested yourself.

Step 1 then is to identify your investors.

Step 2 is preparation. Now, banks require a completely different set of documents than Angel investors. Angels can invest on a business plan written on a napkin, but banks will not. Also, incubators are free and provide a safer way to build something, if you want to try those. So, anyways, prepare your pitch and documentation according to the kind of investor you are looking at.

Step 3 is the real work. You pitch to as many people as you can in a week. And you keep pitching until you hear a "YES". I think the market is pretty good right now.

You have 2 people interested right here. You may want to pitch to them. ATB!
    Olagoke Tobi Enoch likes this.
  7. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

wow, this is really good information. I have an offline business but I started without any proper plan. Now that I have launched my business with a little investment, I want to attract investors for my business. These tips will surely help.
  8. lmilic

lmilic Entrepreneur

When it comes to funding, there is no rule that can ensure you are going to get your money back, but what it is up to you, do the best. Try gatheringinformation about your product as much as you can, then find the people in the niche that can help you byfinding you
  9. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

In order to get funded, your business must be something that already has huge customer base and wide market reach.No one will consider investing on a business that is not working properly. You also need to approach someone who knows you personally.
  10. terryse

terryse Entrepreneur

Before you can get funds from your prospect investors, you must first be sold on your own product or business. It is important for anyone in the field of investing to believe in the product or services that she or he is investing. Ask yourself what are the benefits and or problems that your product will help the customers to solve? Although there is no such thing as a perfect product, you must believe that your product can be of great benefit to the prospect.
    Michka.Martina likes this.
  11. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

The best method is to prepare a business plan and pitch it to venture capitalists both online and offline. The business should have a unique selling proposal or an innovative approach that gives it an edge over other businesses. It also pays to start your venture on a pilot scale to demonstrate the workability of your venture.
  12. eProject

eProject Entrepreneur

Investors will first want to know whether you have registered your business. You can never get an angel investor and yet you have not registered your business. They will also want to know about your business terms and your goals. To attract investors you must have the relevant business knowledge. You must also provide your past records to show whether your business is worth funding. You must also prove that you have potential customers for your business.
  13. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

Here in our country, the best bet in getting funders for the business is by approaching friends and relatives. Other people wouldn't entrust their money to you unless you are a celebrity or maybe a well known businessman. Especially for beginners, you should have the support of your circle and maybe you can succeed in getting investment like in a crowdsource funding. When we put up our computer supplies retailing business, my husband sent out invitation for investment of a minimal amount of 1,000 pesos (that's around $30 at the time). When he was able to get 12 investors, we had a go.
  14. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Invеstоrs nееd tо sее thаt yоu’vе саrеfully thоught аbоut yоur businеss аnd thаt yоu hаvе rеаlistiс gоаls, аs wеll аs finаnсiаl stаbility. Yоur businеss рlаn shоuld рrеsеnt yоur businеss in dеtаil, inсluding а full dеsсriрtiоn оf yоur соmраny аnd hоw it fits intо thе mаrkеt nоw аnd in thе futurе.

Аdditiоnаlly, yоu nееd tо рrеsеnt yоur finаnсеs within thе businеss рlаn, inсluding hоw muсh mоnеy yоu nееd аnd hоw yоu рlаn tо rераy it

Featured Businesses (View All)