EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to create online business. custom apparel manufacturing and also clothing brand

Discussion in 'Starting Your Startup' started by engine1990, Jul 24, 2016.

1. engine1990

engine1990 Entrepreneur

Im new to this whole forum thing but it seems awesome to be able to connect with like minded people.

Well what i have now is a custom apparel manufacturing business. Doing embroidery/ screen printing and direct to garment printing. I want to be able to do ecommerce so I can move around with this business. I also want to sell my own clothing brand online as well. I am wondering on how one becomes succesful doing online selling. Does all the money go to advertising online? is it what websites you join? What are the steps to get it up and running? It seems like online the best bet is to just cast a really big net.

i would appreciate any insight. I have business experience but just not with ecommerce type.

thank you!

2. Amir Campbell

Amir Campbell Entrepreneur

Hey there,

I'm in the same boat with you, working to create a T-shirt company.

The first thing you want ot have is your own designs. I would have at least 3 ready to get put on t-shirts, mugs, etc.

2nd. You can go the route of putting your designs on your tshirt yourself with Iron On transfer paper. You'll also need a printer to print the designs out to place on the shirts. You can get the paper from Walmart.

3. You're focused on e-commerce, so I would check out the follwoing sites and do research to determine which ones are in line with what you want to accomplish:

4. Wear your clothing! You are your best advertising when it comes to apparel marketing. Your own enthusiasm abou your shirt will help you sell them. Give away some shirts for free to your most outgoing friends and family, as they are the people that have the energy to really sell the shirts for you.

Hope this helps. Keep posted on your progress!

Amir K. Campbell

3. engine1990

engine1990 Entrepreneur

Thank you so much!

Ya at this point I have the manufacturing and distribution at my disposal. I own a screen printing/ embroidery and DTG print shop. I come from the screen printing industry, but what I lack I guess is this retail side of a brand itself. I'm wondering if you had any advice on google optimization, or online advertising in general. Where to begin and put my money right now. Since I am in the beginning stages my cash flow is limited and I want to spend it wisely on things that will be most beneficial or will get me most return. Thanks again!
  4. kabirthapar

kabirthapar Entrepreneur

1. Find a need and fill it.
    2. Write copy that sells.
    3. Design and build an easy-to-use website.
    4. Use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
    5. Establish an expert reputation for yourself.
    6. Follow up with your customers and subscribers with e-mail.
    7. Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling.
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Have you done a a maximum output analysis of your business. In other words, do you have a complete analysis of what the maximum capacity for manufacturing and delivery is at this time? Those numbers will give you an idea of how to grow at a comfortable pace and avoid the dreaded "over sold" issue which can bring your business to a halt. You need to be prepared for scaling your business before you actually implement the growth.

This is a very ambiguous question. In general, one prepares by "getting a set of brains" about what they want to do. In other words, create a plan. As you research and develop your plan, you will get most of that "set of brains" you need to implement your plan and keep it on track.

Absolutely NOT! You never cast a big net. You always research your market and your ideal client in order to have a picture of the demographics you will market to. You are discussing here the integration of a brick and mortar business with an online business. One needs to be very targeted with their marketing online!
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)