EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How Much is My Business Worth?

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Nunzio Presta, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Nunzio Presta

Nunzio Presta Business Owner Entrepreneur

This is probably the most popular question my team and I get asked! Since BizON is dedicated to creating a strong community of engaged business owners, entrepreneurs, brokers and franchisors, we feel it is right to provide as many valuable features and services as possible.

With that said, save time and money by engaging in our Free Business Calculator - click here and we will email you the results!

setupdisc and briannagodess like this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Oh, wow! I didn't know such a calculator exists! It can be nice to know what is the market value of your business. You will be able to have that pride knowing that your business has that much value in the market. Thank you for sharing this! I'm sure it can help many businesses out there!
    Nunzio Presta likes this.
  3. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Entrepreneur

I don't have a big business. I have a small dairy farm and my current yield is just 100 liters in a day. After deducting the operating and production cost, I can only manage to pull just about $200 in a month.
  4. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I don't think these calculators are really useful. I think they are just like those websites that tell you what's your domain's worth. They grossly overprice it. I really think the value of a business depends on a lot of factor, including the buying power of the potential buyers.

In theory, it may worth 1 billion dollars, but if you only get $1 million, that's what other perceive your business is worth it.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

While I'm not saying that I don't trust the OP, I'm also a bit wary of just how these calculations are worked out and a lot do seem to overprice the business in question, and sometimes by a big margin.

If you have an accountant and also keep an eye on the figures yourself, you should be able to get a rough estimate of what your venture is worth anyway, depending on the market at that time.
  6. Nunzio Presta

Nunzio Presta Business Owner Entrepreneur

Absolutely! We try to give the best estimate and benchmark as possible. We have algorithms and data points that do a great job are providing a reasonable valuation, nevertheless, we always recommend seeking professional advice as there are many other factors that can increase or decrease the valuation of your business. In the end, you are 1000% correct, the value of a business is only what someone is willing to pay for it.

Great input @111kg
  7. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I have a mixed experience when it comes to these sorts of calculator tools. When I was a part of my first business, which was very very small, we used a pretty generic one just for curiosity and it turned out to be way off from every other estimate that we got. Then as we grow we used another and it was spot on. I guess it really just depends on which program you use. It is certainly not unuseful to have these on hand from various sources.

Featured Businesses (View All)