EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you motivate your team?

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by AltusHost, Nov 17, 2015.

1. AltusHost

AltusHost Entrepreneur

How do you motivate your team members? What are, in your opinion, the effective methods?
    Nunzio Presta likes this.

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

The best motivation for team members, staff, employees, and outsource relationships is engagement. When you are engaging them, showing an interest in them, working at their side, their motivation is instilled and supported.
    Pearl likes this.
  3. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

Offering promos, setting achievable goals and running with those that choose to run. It's also important to encourage those that are more introverted to step out of the comfort zone.
    Pearl and Nunzio Presta like this.
  4. Brian D. Evans

Brian D. Evans Business Owner Entrepreneur

I've found motivation can come down to an individual level. People are all motivated differently, it seems. I think being a GREAT leader vs an average "boss" is figuring out what the individuals motivations, goals and dreams are.

I like the Richard Branson approach of "Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to"

This can certainly backfire from time to time, and it has for me, but it's not to say I won't continue to treat people well that work for or with me.
    Pearl, Nunzio Presta and Valsthrivers like this.
  5. Nunzio Presta

Nunzio Presta Business Owner Entrepreneur

It all starts with culture and finding the right team that believes in the 'why' of the business! If your business has a culture infused with trust and passionate team members that believe in the purpose of what the business is trying to accomplish, very little motivation is needed!

For example, the team at BizON is all passionate about redefining how people can buy, sell and grow businesses or franchises in the digital world; and we all believe in our why and purpose....we all believe people should wake up loving what they do and we see ourselves as the marketplace to help them sell a business so they can start their new journey or buy a business suitable to their lifestyle :)
    Pearl likes this.
  6. Karan

Karan Entrepreneur

I praise the shit out of my team and make sure they're always in direct contact with me so we're always able to kill it together (grow).
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

A lot of motivation is about praising the members of your team, but at the same time you have to be careful not to go to far.

A team that gets to much praise may become a little complacent occasionally so you need to keep them in their toes at the same time aswell.
  8. arthnel

arthnel Entrepreneur

Be part of the team and be accessible. Don't just tell your team the vision; make them part of it and tap into their opinions very often to feel out the temperature of the individuals vs the whole team. Incorporate their ideas where possible and make them feel good knowing that they contributed to something good. Everyone wants to part of something good. Promotions, praises and raises are just simply what everybody else is already doing.
    Nunzio Presta likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)