EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you get motivated after failure?

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by Finished, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Finished

Finished Entrepreneur

SO when youre down and out and lost everything how do you then get yourself motivated to give it another go?

2. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

not to look at the failure as failure... what information did you receive? change everything into positive and not a lost. it is all mindset and the best part is mindset can turn emotion totally opposite. for me when I first started I had to go to the gym to reset my mind to get my mind off such failure and then try again. its is like sports you keep missing the free throw but over time you get better and better because you WANT to. the want is what gets most people to keep going and dont care about failure but the goal at the end.
  3. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Entrepreneur

Yоu nееd tо undеrstаnd thаt fаiling is pаrt оf а lеаrning prоgrеss.

Think оf hоw mаny timеs yоu hаvе fаllеn tо thе grоund whеn lеаrning tо wаlk fоr thе first timе. 200? Lеаrning hоw tо ridе thе bikе? 100? Thе numbеr оf unsuссеssful intеrviеws?

Wе аll hаvе bееn fаiling thrоughоut оur livеs, but in thе еnd wе асhiеvе оur gоаl by аnаlyzing whаt wеnt wrоng аnd fixing it. Whаt mаkеs this еxаm аny diffеrеnt?

Еmbrасе fаilurе. It is thе bеst lеаrning tооl аnd will tаkе yоu fаr in lifе if yоu utilizе it tо mаkе yоu bеttеr - nоt push yоu dоwn.
  4. Valerie

Valerie Entrepreneur

Really, there's no losing everything. I mean, you still got your life, right? As long as you have that, and the desire to restart and try again, there's no reason to see failure as anything other than a learning tool. In the words of Batman's butler Alfred, "Why do we fall, Master Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." When you think along those lines, there's no way you won't be motivated.
    jc banks likes this.
  5. jona

jona Entrepreneur

If you are feeling very down after failure it must be because, in a sense, you believe that you could have done more to prevent it. Granted, sometimes things work out because of pure luck, but most of the times it is up to us to seize those opportunities.

The best way to recover from a failure is to never get worried or sad about it in the first place, always give your best and do all that you can do to be prepared and accomplish your goals. Life is not fair, hard work does not necessarily correlates with good results sometimes, but you only have to answer to yourself. Did you gave everything that you could? Did you prepared yourself well enough? If you answer yes to all those questions then failure was definitely not your fault, why worry? Even if failure comes from a bad decision that you made, as long as you made that decision objectively with the information that you had available you can't blame yourself.
  6. jc banks

jc banks Entrepreneur

I agree its a learning experience,and if you learn from it you get better. I nor any one I have ever known have lost every thing trying to make more of them selves and their business. Research and a few stumbles help you learn and do better.

Take small steps, test the waters, and grow slowly, because if you jump right in its too late to learn the waters only 6 inches deep, and it will take a long time to recover. One needs a clear idea of who their target audience is, then you know what they will and will not buy. Its a little trial and error and a lot of pulling your self back up, but when you do its all the better when you hit one of your goals.
  7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

I had already encountered some mistakes and failures in the past but it is not the reason for me to give up and to lose hope in my life. I always believe that everyday is a new day with new hope and great opportunities. That is why we must move on having that positive motivation in our minds even though we had failed in the past to reach our goals in life.
  8. Alaine

Alaine Entrepreneur

Being defeated is often temporary, giving up makes it permanent. -- Marilyn von Savant

Not every venture will end in success. There are people who fail many times but because they never give up they eventually succeed.

Each time you fail there's much you can learn from that failure. Next time you try it or something different, you'll know what doesn't work. Eliminating the things that don't work will in the end leave you with only those that do.
  9. Goldstandard89

Goldstandard89 Entrepreneur

I take a moment to try to understand why I failed so I don't repeat it. Then I try to see what worked for me, if anything. Once I see those two things, I have to make a choice between trying to accomplish the original goal or if I need to change it. After that, I head off again because self pity and wallowing in failure doesn't accomplish anything.
  10. Corazon

Corazon Entrepreneur

When I'm down because of a failure, it would take time to heal my wounds. When my boutique closed due to bankruptcy, it took me almost a year before I gathered the strength to enter into another start up. My motivation was the people around me. That they needed something to do to earn money in a decent way. And the investors in my circle showed their support in terms of financial contribution to the capital. But if it's only me then I would probably not entertain a new business anymore after a failure.
  11. inntegrity101

inntegrity101 Entrepreneur

I've made mistakes before and gone through the usual discouragement-after-failure syndrome we all know of. However, one thing I've learned through experience is that life will hardly meet you half-way. You'll ALWAYS fail more times than you'll succeed. Failure is a way of life and we should therefore learn to embrace failure as a prerequisite of success. Whenever I fail, I always think of that guy who wasted hundreds of light bulbs until he got it right. What was the name, Graham Bell?
  12. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

I approach failure a practical viewpoint so that I am not thrown offbalance. I take failure to be a learning experience on how to handle it the next time round. Most of the people who have given up on life do so due to inability to handle failure which is the other side of success. When one is running through hell, don't pause.

Featured Businesses (View All)