EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help with non-physical business address (Shopify store)

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Eve90, May 23, 2016.

1. Eve90

Eve90 Entrepreneur

I'm in a process of setting up a store with Shopify and I'm struggling with necessary issues at the moment. Need help and advice.

1) I will be selling goods from AliExpress at the beginning and then maybe will buying goods from wholesalers (mean creating inventory).

Advice needed:

a) Business registration - I don't know what everything I should do before opening a store. Mean things like:
    *business registration (be registered as Self-Employed, Sole Trader) or what?
    *I'm living in the UK right now but I'm not UK a permanent residential (I come from a different country), I would like to sell goods worldwide, eg. to US customers as well...
    * I'm renting a room at a share flat and I'm forbidden to do business registration on that address, loans and specialities like these. My landlord doesn't wish that.
    *What I should do is rent virtual business address/postal address/mailbox...and do business registration including business address within different an address not my home address.
    *I bought the virtual address Usamail1 but I don't know If they are a reliable company.
    *I would like to have virtual business in the US, is not an issue. Is better If you are having US customers as well as customers in the UK and whole Europe...
    *After whole registration I have got an email requiring downloaded and sign form 1586,
    If you live in the U.S. - a copy of 2 forms of ID and a signed Form 1583 notarized by a notary public, justice of the peace, bank officer or lawyer.
    If you live outside of the U.S. and plan to receive only packages - a copy of your passport and signed Form 1583.
    If you live outside the U.S. and want to receive mail as well as packages - a copy of 2 forms of ID and a signed Form 1583 notarized by a notary public, justice of the peace, bank officer or lawyer. Scan and email your ID and Form 1583 to their email.
    I need to cover my home address you know.

Another thing is:
    I don't what addresses I can fill in into these boxes like Store Address, Shipping from address and Billing Address as well.

I put the new US virtual address into the Shipping Addresses a Store Addresses but now If I'm trying to fill in Business Information it required for me SSN and US business account as well. But I haven't any SSN.

I would like to open a store ASAP and I am scared If I will use my new US address I will be at risk with UK and US authorities.

Look forward your advice.

Thanks a lot, Eva!

2. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

Very interesting, so you by not revealing your real identity (country and address) you want to start Virtual Company in some other country being in a different country. This is going to be challenging as for any business you may have virtual address with Virtual Global Phone or DID number for basic email and other collection but for selling physical good via a e-commerce you need to have actual address is it not ?

Else you are just reselling , why cant you simply take the help from aliexpress they must be happy to partner with you. Just a thought...
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

The first and most important thing you can do is to incorporate your business. You can incorporate a business in most countries.

Do not use virtual addresses. Get a physical address. For example, there are mail box companies here in the U.S. that will sell you a mail box and give you a physical address. You should also get a phone number in the same city as the mail box account. You will need both of these to incorporate your business.

Then you can get any of the additional issues you have resolved fairly easy.

Since you are trying to set up a business in a country other than your own homeland, I highly recommend getting an attorney in the country you want to incorporate to guide you through the balance of any requirements.
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    VirtualGlobalPhone likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)