EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help Me Meet Richard Branson

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Qbicle, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Qbicle

Qbicle Entrepreneur

Hello Everyone!

My name is Daniel and I have a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity... to meet Sir Richard Branson on his private island, Necker! How in the world did I get this opportunity?

First, let's start off with who I am. Simply put, I'm a 20-year-old business student at the University of Colorado Boulder who worries too often but is eager to get out there and take advantage of as many opportunities that I can.

But how did I get invited? My family raised me to be independent (almost to a fault), what that means is that I have worked part time since my junior year of high school. I first started working at an alpine slide but discovered over several jobs that I desired to have more of a say in the decisions of a company's success. Eager to begin a new path, I was lucky enough to begin working at Kickfurther , a small startup which focuses on crowdfunding small businesses.

Fast forward a couple of months at Kickfurther and the milestones have been piling up. $2 Million dollars funded to businesses, $75K paid back to the crowd, etc. etc. All this time, Kickfurther has been participating in the Extreme Tech Challenge , the brainchild of Sir Richard Branson and other renowned venture capitalists. Soon enough, we were in the top 25 from the over 2,000 entries. Then we got into the semifinals and the Top 10.

Our CEO just finished his pitch in Las Vegas and although we didn't make it to the Final 3, the experience and opportunity was a huge success for us all. We were invited to fly out to Necker Island for the experience even though we aren't competing. Problem is, the trip would need to be self financed. Although I've worked part time alongside my education since high school, I can't reasonably justify spending the amount of money to pay for the trip. You're probably asking, why can't Sir Richard Branson, owner of Virgin Everything, pay for the trip? Well, that's a good question but there's no reason pondering questions that won't lead to a change.

This is where I ask for your help, I've created a GoFundMe campaign to fund the expenses. Anything helps and even just sharing the campaign means a lot! The trip is mid February but since I worry so much, I'm asking for the funds by the first of February so I can plan everything out. As a business student about to enter the job market, having the ability to meet and network with influencers of this calibre would be a huge opportunity. The funds are going directly towards my trip and would allow me to have an adventure few in the world have experienced.

I know I'm asking you as a stranger to help me with this, but perhaps you’ve had an opportunity in your life which you had to pass up on due to financial reasons. I'm asking for the opportunity to not have the door closed on this experience.

Thanks so much!

Search Daniel Chen on GoFundMe, the campaigns name is Help Me Meet Richard Branson!

2. Cesar Alejandro Martinez

Cesar Alejandro Martinez Entrepreneur

congratulations i will be glad to help you. its not much, but i hope it will help. if you don't mind, can i post this several social media sites and help spread the word? I think an opportunity like this should be taken no matter the costs, but also appreciated and may it serve as a learning experience rather than just another vacation.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Wow, I am happy for you! :) I think the best thing I can do to help you is to repost your message on my social media accounts. It might help you a bit.
  4. 111kg

111kg Entrepreneur

I hope you get to meet him. Can't donate because I have a lot of expenses going on, but I'll be sharing your link to my Facebook pages.
  5. Qbicle

Qbicle Entrepreneur

Thanks so much, even just spreading the word means a lot! Believe me in that I say that this is a huge opportunity and not just a trip to me!
  6. davide strina

davide strina Entrepreneur

Hi there,I hope you really manage to mee t your and my Idol in business sir Richard branson. Plus I must tell you I know a guy awho actually met him. Anyway may I ask you something personal? I met a guy from Lithuania on Indiegogo crowfundig website and I offered him to invest in his company 5000$ in exchange of an equity of 1300$ per monnth as a reward of my investment. Now I have never met him in person but he sent me his ID card and he told me I can trust him and so on. What do you think?? should I give hime the money or I should not?? what would iyou do if you were in my shoes?? Thanks a lot for your time take care
  7. djentre

djentre Entrepreneur

That is an amazing opportunity. Necker Island is amazingly beautiful, all thanks to Mr Branson. I will contribute to your campaign and see if any of my friends can too. But I have to tell you- be fully prepared and DON'T ask for him to invest any money. He gets those kinds of requests all the time. Instead, you might just invite him for a Google Hangout, Skype chat, seminar, etc. The man's insights are worth far more than any money that he can invest.

And enjoy Necker Island. A place like no other.

Featured Businesses (View All)