EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello! New Poster Here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scooby Snack, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

I'm Scooby Snack; it's Mr. Snack if you're nasty.

I'm an actor by trade, but as I'm sure many of you are aware it's an incredibly unstable profession. Although I'm well-trained and quite skilled in my craft, and have been fortunate enough to work far more frequently than most actors do, the fact is The Business (as we call it) is largely about luck, and waiting for someone else to pick you to be on their winning team. The highs are great (I made six figures in 2014), but the lows are dismal (...not so much last year).

To quote Mr. Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon, "I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t!"

So after an extremely rocky 2015, I said "no more". Now I'm dedicated to writing my own check, and forging my own destiny, so I'm GLAD I found this forum. I want to create multiple sources of income and educate myself about business; I'm tired of waiting for my life to happen, waiting for someone to gift me with a break.

Looking forward to learning from you all, as well as contributing any and everything I know in order to add to the community.

T J Tutor likes this.

2. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Awesome dude! good your motivated despite the lowers! Thats how it should be! A rollercoaster would not be as fun if there were only ups ;)

How did you get into acting? i would really like to try out some acting.. i live in Norway, there arent much acting classes etc.. Only if u got a college etc..
  3. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

4. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Welcome to EntrepreneurFix
  5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Entrepreneur

Hi James,

I sort of fell into it, honestly. I was always the creative, artistic type, and started acting when I was in my last year of high school (12th grade, not sure what the equivalent is in Norway). Found I had a knack for it, and got a lot of support at a time when I really needed it, and now here I am. Although I'm quite skilled and have been fortunate in many ways, the fact is that it's unstable and you're not really in control of your own destiny, and the older I get the more I resent that fact.

Maybe there are some amateur theater groups in your area that you can contact and try out for? I think everyone should try acting--it's more difficult to do well than it may seem, and it can be freeing and quite a bit of fun :)
    James Fresh likes this.
  6. James Fresh

James Fresh Entrepreneur

Yeah i like being free, and just be present and flow. Thats why i think acting would be good for me.. Can see myself easily adopting a new personality, and working on becoming a character.. seems fun
  7. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Hey @Scooby Snack , welcome to EntrepreneurFix! Thanks for joining us.

What areas of business do you feel will launch your entrepreneurial life?

Looking forward to your post and threads.

See you around the forums.

T J
  8. Griffin

Griffin Entrepreneur

Welcome to the forums, Scooby!

Featured Businesses (View All)