EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello Im Evan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by engine1990, Jul 24, 2016.

1. engine1990

engine1990 Entrepreneur

Hello everyone!

My names Evan and Im new to the forum thing, Im an entreprenuer int he beggining stages and looking to just keep growing. I just graduated with a bachalers in business/ entreprenuership and I now own my own custom apparel manufacturing business. doing screen printing, embroidery and direct to garment. I want to get more tot he ecommerce and things like that for I can travel and still have a business. I want to grow this business to where I can eventually do a bunch of things in different industries. Im just trying to learn and grow and would appreciate any help!
    T J Tutor and azgold like this.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

@engine1990 - hello and welcome!

You have a lot of competition in the clothing and decorating biz. I say this as a person from the promotional products industry. However, if you can offer something different/new at a reasonable price, you may tap into a lucrative market.

I think branching out to ecomm is a good idea. Moves you from local or regional to international.

Is yours a large setup? Lots of embroidery heads, screening capacity/digital and so forth?
  4. engine1990

engine1990 Entrepreneur

Thank you!

And yes it is a pretty large operations. About 4 8-12 head automatics and about 15-20 head embroidery. Also just got a massive Korbit direct to garment printer. I'm hoping the DTG will be able to get me some solid business since I don't think it's hugely popular yet, then again I could be wrong. Any recommendations on marketing strategy or things like that for ecommerc? I come from local "door to door" selling type thing
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

If you want an example, check out your competitors...then do it better. :)

I would start attending trade shows (Are you a PPAI member and can offer wholesale pricing?) to get the word out, as well as setting up appointments with corporate purchasing agents or their marketing people. Show them samples of what you do.

With a large set up, it's always good to get large enough orders to make it worth turning on your machines. :)

Pass out your biz card with your physical and site address on it.

Textiles, in my opinion sell easier when people can see and touch the merchandise. So, it might be good to have a Request a Sample option on your site. That will also give you a lead to work, either in person or on the phone. People buy from people, not companies, so don't be afraid to connect with potential customers if it seems right to do so. Find out if they have questions or need more info to make a buying decision. And do after order follow-up, same as you should for offline biz.

Some association memberships will display a page with your offerings and/or website URL, so you could look into that.

Also, put all of your relevant association icons on your e-comm site. It helps increase trust.

Other ideas:

- image ad in trade publications reaching your target audience

- charities - they buy shirts for events, although they will probably ask you to donate them with your logo/message on them

- run a contest and publicize it everywhere you can (in person, social media, on the radio, whatever). Winner gets a free shirt, free shirts for their office, discount on first order...whatever you want to offer.

It's early and I'm still on my first coffee, that's all I can think of right now.
  6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Hi @engine1990 , welcome to EntrepreneurFix! It's great to have you join us.

This is truly an entrepreneurial spirit you have outlined and we all recommend to embrace it wholeheartedly!

Since you already have business established, I have to think you already embrace ethics, determination, and growth. There are many successful entrepreneurial members here and I am sure all of us will be interested in hearing more of your journey and lending our thoughts where ever needed.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

T J
  7. JonBell

JonBell Entrepreneur

I will be glad to meet you :)

Featured Businesses (View All)