EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Red, May 28, 2016.

1. Red

Red Entrepreneur

My name is Red. Not sure what else to say, left the basics in my 'About Me' section.

Anyways, I'm
    • Sr. Pastor of a ministry
    • Owner and commercial fisherman of a fish market
    • And affiliate marketer.
    The ministry obviously isn't why I'm here. So I won't go into much detail about the ministry.

Affiliate marketing isn't exactly why I'm here either (I'm a member of AffiliateFix for that).

I'm here to grow my business knowledge in and around the new era. I've had a few of my own businesses over the years. Three of which were MLM's (one turned out to be a scam I fell for). One was a partnership in a pre-existing business, and two (including the new one) was a creation solely of mine.

My past experiences in business (as well as employee of those I didn't own) taught me a lot. Most of them failed for varying reasons. Reasons I was too blind to see at the time to correct. I'm hoping to utilize what I learned from the past and learn from this community to turn my fish market into a success story.

My fish market is literally being built from the ground up, step by step and "brick by brick". Overall, business is business and I'm hoping to be able to learn a lot here as well as give advice based on my experiences.

Nice to meet you all.
    Edrick Pirveysian likes this.

2. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

@Red, Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!!!
    Red likes this.
  3. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

@Red , welcome!

Funny, I was wondering just last week where you'd gone. Haven't seen you around AFix for a while.

Hope all is well and the fish biz is starting to gain momentum. :)
  4. Red

Red Entrepreneur

I started fishing last year with another fisherman. He's virtually dead over the winter, which is why I had time to start affiliate marketing. I initially started my business in August last year, after obtaining my own license in June last year. But I didn't "officially" launch until February this year.

It's a slow go, but I have a few customers I deliver to. Working on building my customer base though. It's lot of work, but it's fun. I'm hoping by this time next year or the following year things will stabilize out a little bit.

I'll be back on AFix shortly. I've been browsing posts there off and on. I may have to change up some tactics though, because my host of my affiliate sites is being problematic.:( But I'll share that over on AFix if I need to, I don't want to mix up the two different forums. Right now I'm not publucizing too much on the issue because I'm trying to resolve. Either way it goes, I'm going to have to rebuild those two sites. Considering I don't have a pc, I can't download the XML or FTP files; so I'm saving the HTML files of every post and page to make for easy rebuild before the sites go offline.

Nothing like bumps in the road, lol. But such is the adventure of being in business for yourself. Something always comes up. It's rough right now all the which way around, but it'll pass. That I'm sure of.

Trying my hardest to stay positive and optimistic.:D
  5. azgold

What about Dropbox, Google Drive or something similar, cloud hosting? I think there are several free sites like that. Can they hold the size of your files and still remain in the 'free' zone, I think some can accommodate that.

Yes, it will. :)

That can be tricky when things are rocky but don't give up if this is your dream.

Red likes this.
  6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Hi @Red , as the others have stated, haven't seen you around the Fix lately. Hope all goes your way this year.

See you around the forums brother!

Red likes this.
  7. Red

Red Entrepreneur

Thanks TJ. I'm praying for it. It's a struggle right now. A lot going on with not enough time to handle it all. But such is life. Everything will smooth out.

Too much to go into right now, and some may say I'm trying "too much" or "too hard", but in a weird way I'm having fun. And I'm determined to be a success at what I'm doing. Just need to smooth out the bumps and fill in the pot-holes along the way as I drive down the road to success.

Soon as I have some more time, I'll post my experiences for others. And I will gladly take any advice anyone offers up when I do. Aside from learning from the past and present and from others posts, I'm basically going it solo.

It's one hell of a ride, that sometimes gets downright depressing, but in the end it will be oh so worth it.
  8. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator Entrepreneur

@Red , Welcome we all look forward for your more inspirational words and stories. Best wishes ... keep it going.
  9. azgold

Love that! Also love the road analogy. :)

Featured Businesses (View All)