EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Food Cart Franchise

Discussion in 'Research and Ideas' started by mtayp01, Oct 24, 2015.

1. mtayp01

mtayp01 Entrepreneur

As a budding entrepreneur in her early 20s, I think I have saved enough to perhaps invest in a food cart franchise. Has anyone of you here had any experience with this kind of business? Any tips?

For those not in the food cart franchise business (like an organic personal care stall, for example), feel free to share your experiences! :)

2. missbishi

missbishi Entrepreneur

As with any new business, it's a good idea to find out all about the regulations you'll be expected to meet and the business rates that you'll need to pay. It's likely that you'll need some type of licence and this will be a further expense, especially if it needs renewing yearly.

Forewarned is forearmed and as food businesses do seem to incur an awful lot of red tape, it would be useful to have a clear picture of how much you will be expected to spend just on regulatory matters alone before you commit to an investment.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

My parents have already thought about venturing into food cart franchise business before, but since they are already pretty much occupied with running our grocery store, they just didn't try to pursue. Well, I guess it's never wrong to try and test the waters. If it works well on your end, then that would be great. Hotdog/burger food stands will always be popular among people.
  4. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Entrepreneur

As a young entrepreneur trying a business venture like a food cart franchise business is a nice idea. Some of its advantages is that it had already a business name and their products are already known that is why the consumers are already aware of its products and you not need to exert too much effort to do the marketing. But of course you still need to work hard in order that your business venture will be successful. And one thing there are food cart businesses that do not need big amount of capital investment. You can choose which one really interest you and which one your financial budget can afford. And before you start your business venture take time to study first the mechanics of operating of a franchising business so that you will have the right strategies how to run the business.
  5. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

Food cart is a very good idea especially if you have prime locations already in mind.

When I was younger I worked at a mobile home plant in a small town with out stop lights! They had one gas station on the HWY and that was it. Someone opened a restaurant. They catered to the employees during break and lunch! The factory was so successful that they opened up a second plant in the same area. Needless to say they catered to them as well. Hundreds of employees five days a week.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Entrepreneur

If you can get a prime location near offices and workshops in industrial areas then it's true you have the potential to make a killing. Even better if you're the only provider around, or indeed a better alternative to an overpriced gas station.
    EF-Roger likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)