EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fashion is my passion

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ellic, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Ellic

Ellic Entrepreneur

Hi there,
    I am currently a Consultant for an IT Firm, with a dream of starting my own fashion label. I have no desire of becoming the next Channel, I want to design for the every day women to make them feel amazing!!! I would love to know any tips or advice on how to start this new journey...looking forward to hearing from you :)
    T J Tutor likes this.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Fashion seems to be a massive area these days that people seem to want to get in to, with there being quite a few aswell as yourself, just on this site alone.

With an area such as fashion, I think it might be stating the obvious but you have to choose between making an impression or making money. A lot of fashion labels will create a style and a trend but that will be as far as they can go, but many more will copy that style and make money off it.
    Ellic likes this.
  3. Ellic

Ellic Entrepreneur

Hi @pwarbi thanks for your post. I agree with you, it's hard to determine what exactly I want out of it. I'll love to create something and yet pay the bills too!

I think accepting the fact that people will always try to copy the style whether I have the money to sue or not! Haha but it's the reality of this industry.

Thanks for your thought, something that I need to think about more for sure! :)
    pwarbi likes this.
  4. William Clements

William Clements Moderator Business Owner Entrepreneur

@Ellic, Welcome to EntrepreneurFix!!!
    Ellic likes this.
  5. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

Hello @Ellic , welcome to EntrepreneurFix! It's great to have you with us.

So it looks like you want to get a second channel of business going for yourself. This is the sign of an entrepreneur, fingers in multiple pes, as it were. Fashion will always be big. Look at Spanx billionaire Sara Blakely, from a single simple vision to a magnificent example of the entrepreneur success.

Looking forward to your successes, posts, and threads.

T J
  6. EF-Roger

EF-Roger Entrepreneur

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Entrepreneur

Hello there! Welcome to the forum. :) Wow, fashion is also one of my passions in life. I am dreaming about building my own online clothing store someday. Anyway, feel free to share your ideas to us here. All the best to you! ;)
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Entrepreneur

Paying the bills and making a bit extra (of course) is the main aim, but with fashion, it's also about expressing your ideas and that's when things can get a little tricky.

What if the ideas that you come up with get plenty of attention but not the required amount of sales? Do you stick to your principles and get a pat on the back but nothing else, or do you sacrifice your ideas and go for the more commercial route that earns the most money?

Lots to think about, and I'm not making it any easier! Sorry about that, but good luck with your venture of course, and make sure you keep us all up to speed with how your getting on.
  9. Sid

Sid Entrepreneur

Always start with writing your dreams in BOLD letters. Make points what you wanna do.
    Designing dresses for women is hard job, but as you are women you knows what and why they wants.
    But if you really on you dream, then have to quit it job and enter in fashion industry right now.
    Never waste time for your dreams.
    Ellic likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)