EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Everything Is In A Constant State Of Change

Discussion in 'Online and Internet Marketing' started by T J Tutor, Mar 13, 2016.

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

In our industry of affiliate marketing, everything changes quickly, growth, loss of resources, new resources, new offers, deprecated offers, etc.

How do you keep this area of your business at it's most efficient state?
    bhu likes this.

2. remnant

remnant Entrepreneur

There need to keep changing according to consumer tastes by using omni-channel marketing since most shoppers use browsing, social media and physical shopping at other times. Another strategy is to ventuge into areas where affiliate marketing is expanding by targeting Eastern Europe, S.E. Asia and Latin America. Use of other methods like Cost per Lead are effective to keep up with the changing trends.
    bhu likes this.
  3. davidper

davidper Entrepreneur

need to change over all time and never stop step
  4. ianternet

ianternet Entrepreneur

well this industry changes because of greed and it messes up. the other 2 mentioned are base on change at the consumer level which is fine. I find this industry changes every 3rd year and on that 3r year the curation begins. I keep up with it by knowing the basics. you dont need to know anything of the changes but if you know the basics and why it changed then you are already ahead of everyone. you just adapt. there is nothing else to it. understand the basics of marketing and just know why the changes happened and then adapt. i know in this industry there are hot niches and sometimes an affiliate becomes an expert at one niche that he cant bring that talent over to another - he just knows dating for example BUT doesnt know his process. take that process and move it to another niche.
    bhu and T J Tutor like this.
  5. Cleveland76

Cleveland76 Entrepreneur

Don't get too pigeonholed into one type of marketing, be it PPC, display advertising, traditional SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, etc... you should always try to be as much hands on as you can in as many different marketing channels. For example, if the competition in PPC in your space becomes far too expensive, you'll need to turn to other avenues to make up for that lost volume. I had worked several years almost exclusively doing PPC, but prior to that I had been doing more web development and traditional SEO. When I left the job doing PPC, it was a re-learning process to get back up to speed on HTML, CSS, SEO and such. I kind of wished I had been staying on top of these things all along.

Don't put your eggs all in one basket. Promote multiple networks and niches. Look at the recent popularity with hoverboards for example, since last summer when they started gaining buzz, some sites began popping up promoting them via Amazon affiliate links, and then all of a sudden Amazon basically pulled all those products from their marketplace.
    bhu likes this.
  6. Biju

Biju Entrepreneur

The simple fact that it's always rapidly changing is what draws me into internet marketing. I also like the fact that it isn't something you can learn in a classroom. It takes active doing to learn and understand the world of search engine optimization. It is very hands on. I love it.
    bhu likes this.
  7. bhu

bhu Entrepreneur

Great question! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm qualified to answer, but I'll give it a shot from what perspective I have to offer, which is social media. One thing I know is that marketing is a daily activity. Miss a day and your numbers drop astronomically. So for my client author, I keep up a daily pace with posts to her social media accounts and street team group. Motivation and awareness are key. I have to stay motivated and so do the team and consumers. So I try to keep posts upbeat and engaging and filled with quality usable content. Also, we're up against so many forms of media, so it's a constant battle to be noticed, read and clicked. To that end, I keep my posts short and sweet, more conversational than sales-y and try to change up my hashtag mix frequently to reach different audiences, but not overtag. How does this answer a question about affiliate marketing changes? I'm not sure, but I hope it helps somehow.

Featured Businesses (View All)