EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Environment and Mentor

Discussion in 'General Business and Entrepreneurship' started by Isaac Kieffer, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

Currently my business is doing sublime. The two things I hear a lot but have yet to apply to my own situation is controlling your environment and having a mentor. I currently live in an atmosphere where nobody is happy and nobody is as motivated as I am to be a great entrepreneur. All my friends want to go to college and get good "jobs" YUCK! So you could say that mixed with the lack of mentorship from someone who has been and gone through entrepreneurial trials could be holding me back from great potentials. How big of an effect do you think environment and mentorship has on entrepreneurs? and how would you recommend for someone like me to find a mentor and people that will help me push forward? Thanks.
    T J Tutor likes this.

2. Pejman Ghadimi

Pejman Ghadimi Entrepreneur

Read Third Circle Theory, if its doesnt completely answer every question you have on these topics then send me a message and I ll give you $20 for wasting your time on top of a refund. Mentorship doesnt have to be formal as there are 100s you can observe both online and offline to learn, but having a positive and encouraging atmosphere does which is why I created the Secret Academy.
    Isaac Kieffer likes this.
  3. Isaac Kieffer

Isaac Kieffer Entrepreneur

Hey thank you for the answer! Books on the way!
  4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

It is a great idea to surround yourself with like minded people. It may be too soon for a mentor. Mentors typically seek out proteges, not the other way around. When mentors seek out proteges, they generally look for those that have already developed specific and successful skill sets that they can then assist on refining. You can establish yourself in a specific field of entrepreneurship and be available to be noticed by those whom may consider you for mentorship. Be where they are, go where they go, be the best in your field, and they will notice.

Become well developed in your field, then get a coach (and not before). Be among the best at your level of entrepreneurship, and then get noticed by those that may find you skilled enough and ready for a mentor.

Remember, true mentors always select their proteges based on well developed skill sets.
    Isaac Kieffer likes this.

Featured Businesses (View All)