EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Entrepreneurial Documentaries/Series?

Discussion in 'Arts and Entertainment' started by K, Jan 14, 2016.

1. K

K Administrator Business Owner Entrepreneur

Hey guys what Entrepreneurial Documentaries/Series on TV can you recommend watching?

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I expect the Shark Tank is one many like to watch, but for me it's a very predictable show.

Watching any business oriented news broadcasts are excellent, especially when you find shows with opposing editorials and market interpretations.

The Naked Entrepreneur Show was having some interesting online presentations and guests, but they seem to have slowed a bit. They were originally were backed by Oprah Winfrey, but I think that connection may have whimpered out.

A Documentary that really shows a grass roots success is Burt's Bees founder and his website Burt's Blog.

The Startup Kids
    Made by two Icelandic entrepreneurs, this documentary puts the spotlight on several young startup founders (Vimeo, Dropbox, Foodspotting, Soundcloud, Kiip and many more) revealing what drives them to do what they do.

Something Ventured
    This documentary looks at revolutionary tech giants like Apple, Intel and Atari, and how they may not be where they are today if it wasn’t for the investors who believed in their potential.

Film version of the bestselling book about incentive-based thinking. Using entertaining case studies, this documentary examines human behaviour and what motivates people to take action.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. ruener79

ruener79 Entrepreneur

Oh wow, there is a film version of Freakonomics? It's by far, one of the best books I've ever read. I'll try to find out if I can get hold of a copy of the film version.
    Hmm, I wish there is something I can contribute on this topic. The only documentary that comes to my mind right now is that of "Steve Jobs" - The Man in the Machine. It gives you an insight of how brilliant and a very difficult person to please he was. It showed the many failings he had too before he became The Steve Jobs.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Entrepreneur

Hi! I recommend the following documentaries:

1. The Call of the Entrepreneur
    2. Startup.com - Two classmates start their dot com site and we can follow through their ups and downs.
    3. We Live in Public - A man started filming his and his girlfriend's life and uploaded it online. Of course, it doesn't end up well since his girlfriend didn't know about his filming of their daily lives.
    4. The Startup Kids - Those who started Dropbox, Soundcloud and many more popular softwares and sites are interviewed in this documentary.
    5. Something Ventured - Tackles the importance of investors.
    6. WePopUp - Client building.

I hope this helps!
  5. rz3300

rz3300 Entrepreneur

I have always been a sucker for Shark Tank. I guess the one thing that you could complain about is that it really does not take you through the whole entrepreneur experience, but it is still an interesting look at raising money and starting a business. I also like the Profit and the ones that are like Shark Tank but for restaurants. I am sure that there are some good documentaries out there but nothing really comes to mind, so hopefully someone can recommend one.
  6. jamepeytoni011

jamepeytoni011 Entrepreneur

nice thanks for the sharing....

Featured Businesses (View All)