EntrepreneurFix Is a Free Entrepreneur, Business and Start Up Forum

Connect With Other Entrepreneurs Online Today!
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dry erase boards and physical calenders

Discussion in 'Mindset and Motivation' started by thedude, Apr 4, 2016.

1. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

One thing that has been helping me lately is switching from using my phones calender to using a real calender that I have on my wall in my home office. I also started using a dry erase board next to it for writing down goals, ideas, and various lists. Something about having it in front of you with easy access and physically writing on these things seems to work so much better than doing it digitaly. Try it out, I highly recommend it.
    azgold and T J Tutor like this.

2. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Entrepreneur

I agree, I have a little setup with a chalkboard calendar, which is basically a combination of both. I like being able to cross off dates and also write my goals and appointments down. I find crossing off work items rewarding.
  3. Valsthrivers

Valsthrivers Business Owner Entrepreneur

Writing it down in my calendar, with daily goals and notes keeps me focused! Keeps me organized and accountable as well.
  4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Entrepreneur

I use several dry erase boards every day. So many daily thoughts and notes, to dos, etc. I love using these boards, they help me speed up and organize the early flow of getting things done.
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I have a wall calendar, as well. Not sure how people get along without them. :)

As my handwriting is large and as I am an avid list maker, I prefer notebooks, which I love and have plenty of. At any time, I can leaf back and see ideas I had in the past, which I can consider for resurrecting.

I also use Post-It Notes on occasion.
  6. thedude

thedude Entrepreneur

Yeah post it notes are a must at my normal 8-5 job. Lot of customer interactions with order taking and design notes. I use them to keep track of finished orders as well. Plus when we run out of something I will stick a note in that area and come back later when I have time to make a full shopping list.
  7. Nathaneal

Nathaneal Entrepreneur

Agreed! There's something about actually having it written down rather than typed up on your phone. It's like something in your brain recognizes it as something different
  8. azgold

azgold Moderator Entrepreneur

I actually forget to check memos on my phone. I do better with old school methods.

Featured Businesses (View All)